What's new

Wireless devices not showing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

macster2075

Very Senior Member
I am on firmware Version 386.4 and I notice wireless devices are able to connect to the router, but they do not show up in the list.

I connected a USB 3.0 AC adapter on my computer to connect using 5ghz. It connects fine, but it's not showing up on Asus list of devices.
I also tried an iphone 13 and it doesn't show up either.

Any ideas?

Client List is Asuswrt feature, not Asuswrt-Merlin related.

If a few don't show up - it's okay, Client List is not perfect. If none show up - you have a local issue, reset and start over.

My test AC86U router wasn't stable enough on 386.4 to continue testing the firmware. I'll test again when 386.5 is ready.

I wonder if that's why I have been getting so many disconnects from COD.
due to the version not being stable enough.

I don't know. I was getting unstable Wi-Fi on 5GHz. Wi-Fi is a main functionality on this type of router. Nothing to test further.

The main issue I have is because I use QoS bandwidth limiter, I can't assign a specific bandwidth to the devices I can't see in the list.
Is there another way of manually adding the devices to bandwidth limiter list?

Bandwidth Limiter is incompatible with NAT acceleration. When you use the limiter your router is limited to ~350Mbps WAN-LAN traffic. Latency may be higher as well due to traffic processed by the CPU. Depending on your ISP connection and use case, it may or may not be a good idea.

hm... ok. I prefer bandwidth limiter because I like to limit bandwidth to the guess network. If I use auto, then guest network will be included in that which I don't want.
I wish there was a way to separate the two. That way *I can have the guest network to only a certain max speed from the rest of the networks.

Offer 2.4GHz Guest Network only @20MHz wide channel. It's limited to ~90Mbps to 2-stream client anyway.

Oh I didn't know that about the 2.4ghz guest. But I only get about 50-60 Mbps max from my ISP which is another reason I need to use the QoS. Anyone starts to upload to YT or watch netflix and my speeds go down the drain lol

Use the limiter on Guest Network then. Experiment with different types of QoS. Perhaps Cake is your best option.

Oh wait.. I thought I couldn't use the limiter with any other type of QoS. If I selected anything else I get this message.

1644459356609.png

You are perhaps correct. I have to power up the router to verify. If that's the case, I would prefer Cake QoS. Let your family members benefit from it all the time, instead of bandwidth limiting occasional visitors. Don't invite too many visitors in COVID time. Problem solved.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!