What's new

Xbox Live Issue Related To PC NIC Card Settings I think? Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Network Freak 2009

Occasional Visitor
In My home Network I have the following Wired Devices

1.Samsung TV Connects at 100mbps Wired
2.Denon Receiver connects at 100mbps wired
3.Laptop running Windows 7 NIC running at 1.0Gbps
4.Xbox 360 Connects At 100mbps
5.Wireless Laptop

Network Setup

ATT DSL Elite 6.0mbps---->2Wire (Bridged)---->Linksys E4200 Conncted WAN To LAN---->Laptop Xbox 360 Cable Going Back To 2Wire Lan Port ----> Connected To 2Wire Are TV And Receiver

The Model of 2Wire I have which is 2701 HG-B Can Be Bridged so I can use the 2wire Lan Ports also as in my setup above

Wirelessly The Xbox 360 Netflix Works Fine I get HD Streams

Wired is where I have a Strange Issue Xbox 360 Works Fine Until I Turn on the Wired Laptop Xbox 360 Netflix Bars start going down little by little until only one Bar is left when not watching Netflix and on the dashboard disconnects if I have am surfing through my Wired Laptop

Did any one have any Idea what is causing Xbox 360 to slow down when wired laptop is On?

I think I found my bottleneck

Here Is Where the bootleneck is

ATT DSL Elite 6.0mbps---->2Wire (Bridged)---->Linksys E4200 Conncted WAN To LAN---->Laptop Xbox 360 Bottle Neck Occurs From Cable Going Back To 2Wire Lan Port ----> Connected To 2Wire Are TV And Receiver

When I disconnect the cable that's going from the 2wire back to a Linksys Lan Port plus the receiver and TV and Receiver which are connected to the 2Wire gateway and adjust my link duplex on my wired laptop from 1000gbps to 100 mbps all of my netflix straming problems go away now that I have I finally Identified the two problems that are affecting netflix on the xbox 360 how can I setup my Network to have all the devices wired without causing the bottleneck?

I was told to disable Jumbo Frames in my NIC adavanced settings but there is no option to totally disable it and my router does not have the option to disable jumbo it either.

I am glad I found the bottlenecks though it was driving my crazy.

Netflix Slowed down again

Netflix Slowed down again and I have not changed anything so my setup looks like this still.

ATT DSL Elite 6.0mbps---->2Wire (Bridged)---->Linksys E4200 Conncted WAN To LAN---->Laptop Xbox 360 Bottle Neck Occurs From Cable Going Back To 2Wire Lan Port ----> Connected To 2Wire Are TV And Receiver

So it could be one of three things

1.Bad Ethernet Cable since the Xbox 360 Works Fine Wireless or Bad ethernet Port on the Xbox 360.

2.One Of The Devices Is Causing A Bottle Neck see above

3.the Mixture Of 100mbps and 1000Gbps is causing the bottle neck.

can somebody help me nobody has responded

I am going to test problem number 1 be back in several hours with the results.

I need a better explanation of your setup... Is the 2Wire gateway where your internet connection comes in? You mentioned you have it in bridged mode... Based on this it sounds like you have disabled the router functions of the 2Wire. This means that it is now just acting as a basic DSL modem and you are using the Linksys E4200 as the main router in your network. If this is the case you should only have your wired connections go to your Linksys. Also all of your wireless connections should be just to the Linksys router. Since the 2Wire no longer has any advanced functions (ie bridged mode) I believe only a single wired connection will function properly. Try just using the Linksys and see what happens.

Let me know how that works out.

00Roush

hi again I tried your suggestion and I still the same netflx streaming issue

hi again I tried your suggestion and I still the same netflx streaming issue I have even tried without the Linksys and just the 2wire could it just be that ATT DSL Elite 6.0mbps service is just too slow for Netflix HD?

It could be your speed is too slow but it depends on how you tested. So with your recent test you took the Linksys out of the loop and had everything connected to just the 2wire gateway right? Did you take it out of bridged mode?

00Roush

Was the 2Wire still in bridged mode? I was just wondering because my thought was if it was still in bridged mode you might be having problems because it can only support one connection in this mode. My understanding is in bridged mode all advanced functions do not work and therefore the 2Wire would function as a basic DSL modem. This means there would be no NAT routing or DHCP. No NAT means no ability to share a single internet connection with multiple computers.

Let me know.

00Roush

Thanks For Your Help 00Roush

I finally called Att they came out and said my inside Wiring was bad and it was causing static on the line and messing with the DSL Signal so I would have to replace all the lines in my house maybe that's what is causing Netflix to adjust bandwidth constantly again thanks for all your help.

baloney. Call again to get a tech that's competent.
Can you hear static on phone calls? It may be intermittent. It may be after unusual rain.

Most often, crackling static is a bad connection in AT&T's "cross box" or "demarcation", because these are out in the rain.

It's fairly easy to troubleshoot.

To stop the finger-pointing, you can move your DSL modem to the demarcation point on the exterior of your home, or at a common point if you're in an apartment or condo. Connect the DSL modem there, disconnecting your house line. Connect a PC to the DSL modem via cat5. Prove that the DSL modem works reliably now. If the problem is intermittent, or weather related, this takes patience. But you can prove if it's them or you. The techs are too lazy to troubleshoot, and/or don't know how.

Last edited: