What's new

Xbox360 slim vs. 4th gen time capsule

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BigTy

New Around Here
For the last two weeks I have battled getting my Xbox to connect at n speeds to my TC. Well I must say it hasn't been a great success. I on my network I have a wireless printer that is a G device, a PC 6300 intel chip set, an iPhone, 2 Droid phones G, a laptop G, a hard wired Mac mini, and windows server hard wired, along with my iPad 2.

Everything worked fine with my Netgear WNDR3700 router, but I wanted to change to a TC. I have searched the web and found that setting up the 5ghz channel to the same name as the 2.4 should fix the issue but it didn't. I tired making the name different and that didn't help. I set the speed on both channels to N only and still no go. At best my Xbox will connect at 7 Mbps but for the most part it comes up as 1 Mbps. Also my other devices took a major plunge in connection speeds going from 180-230 down to 56-120.

I just exchanged my TC yesterday and I am getting the same result so now I turn here to see if anyone got their TC setup and working correctly with their home network.

One last thing I have my TC setup as an access point as I have Smoothwall setup as my router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!