What's new

YazDHCP YazDHCP - feature expansion of DHCP assignments (increasing limit on the number of DHCP reservations)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

what if I buy a second router and set the two of them to run in AiMesh mode, will YazDHCP work fine?

I can confirm, YazDHCP works fine with my main AC86U and additional AC86U AiMesh node. Lots of my (ESP/Tasmota) devices connect to my AiMesh node instead the main router as they are physically closer to the AiMesh node. I didn't encounter any problems so far and it has been a while.

Thank you so much heysoundude, visortgw and AlexHK for your quick answers, your explanations are very clear, this is very good news for me.
Since I moved home, part of my rooms are very poorly covered by wifi, and I was really wondering to buy a new router and try.
Now, I am confident to proceed.
Only my guests will have to be in the good part of the house, no big deal.
Thanks again,
aldweb

Thank you so much heysoundude, visortgw and AlexHK for your quick answers, your explanations are very clear, this is very good news for me.
Since I moved home, part of my rooms are very poorly covered by wifi, and I was really wondering to buy a new router and try.
Now, I am confident to proceed.
Only my guests will have to be in the good part of the house, no big deal.
Thanks again,
aldweb
AiMesh can push guest network 1 to all nodes — there is just no easy way to make DHCP reservations on the guest subnet.

Understood. In my case, I don't mind what IP address my guests will get.

Hello, and thanks for this tool. I successfully installed it, but after running, I lost and had to recreate my static assignments. Now it looks like I have duplicate entries, because nvram still has dhcp_clientlist. Should I just clear that (set it to "")? Thank you

Sorry to post it here but the YazFI thread is too old and I can't post it there.
I'm using a guest network as a segmentation for IoT devices.
I have a main router AX3000 and a mesh AX58U. I set up YazFI on the main router. Do I need to set it up on the node as well?
Also wondering if I should have the DNS server set to my main router IP(192.168.50.1) or leave it as default 192.168.2.1?
I assume I will not be able to see those devices connected to the guest network in the client list under "network map". Right?

1674013910356.png

Thanks

Sorry to post it here but the YazFI thread is too old and I can't post it there.
The YazDHCP thread is not appropriate for YazFi discussions since it discusses a completely separate script that has nothing to do with YazFi. The YazDHCP script is for importing and exporting DHCP assignments from the router and increasing the number of assignments, not enhancing the Guest WiFi which is what YazFi does.

Last edited:
The YazDHCP thread is not appropriate for YazFi discussions since it discusses a completely separate script that has nothing to do with YazFi. The YazDHCP script is for importing and exporting DHCP assignments from the router and increasing the number of assignments, not enhancing the Guest WiFi which is what YazFi does.that

that is why I apologized. YazFi thread is locked for being too old.

that is why I apologized. YazFi thread is locked for being too old.
You started a new YazFi thread about two hours before posting to this one. Perhaps use that YazFi thread you started, or start another new YazFi thread, where you can post your question/issue.

Hello. I Want to upload a DHCP_clients.csv, but no upload button in import row (i choosed the proper file, tried in Chrome and Firefox). How it's work?

Hello. I Want to upload a DHCP_clients.csv, but no upload button in import row (i choosed the proper file, tried in Chrome and Firefox). How it's work?
Try uninstalling YazDHCP then reinstall it. An example of what it should look like:
YazDHCP.jpg

Yes. You have the option running this script under Merlin to then assign a DNS server to each IP.

Yes. You have the option running this script under Merlin to then assign a DNS server to each IP.
I know you can assign a single DNS server for each client. I was asking if there is a way to specify 2 DNS servers. I have several devices assigned static IPs but they only take primary router as DNS instead of utilizing both DNS 1 and DNS2 configured servers.

I have several devices assigned static IPs but they only take primary router as DNS instead of utilizing both DNS 1 and DNS2 configured servers.
Just to confirm. Is Advertise router's IP in addition to user-specified DNS set to No on the LAN > DHCP Server page? If not it should be if using the DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 fields. If that option is set to Yes then the router is included as a DNS server which may allow a client to bypass DNS Server 1 & 2.
Example:
dns_and_wins_server_setting.jpg

Note: In the example, DNS Server 1 & 2 fields are occupied by Pi-Hole IP addresses.

Just to confirm. Is Advertise router's IP in addition to user-specified DNS set to No on the LAN > DHCP Server page? If not it should be if using the DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 fields. If that option is set to Yes then the router is included as a DNS server which may allow a client to bypass DNS Server 1 & 2.
Example:
View attachment 47367
Note: In the example, DNS Server 1 & 2 fields are occupied by Pi-Hole IP addresses.

I am doing the exact same thing. 2 Pi-holes are configured as DNS1 and DNS2 but the traffic is going through main router.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-22 091705.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-22 091705.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 44
Are you using DNS Director to force clients who try to ignore the Pi-Hole's, to use the Pi-Holes?
Example DNS Director:
386-9-dns-director-jpg.47183