What's new

YazFi - Unexpected interaction between LAN and Guest Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mintoo

Occasional Visitor
I have RT-AC56U router with john fork (374.43_49E4) and I have guest network enabled. I also have the YazFi add-on.
I want the LAN device to see the devices on the Guest Network, and I do not want the devices on the Guest Network to see the LAN.
I try to set it up in the YazFi add-on, but it doesn't work. I have the settings as in the picture.

YazFi.png

In addition, in Wireless -> Professional I have:
Set AP Isolated - No

In this case, on my network:
- the guest cannot ping LAN devices
- LAN device cannot ping the guest.
This situation is incomprehensible to me. I was expecting the LAN to see and connect to the guest. As expected.

If I set:
Two way to guest - YES
One way to guest - NO
Client isolation - NO
then the guest can ping the LAN device, but the LAN device cannot ping the guest. Is this an expected situation? I expected the reverse action.

And finally. When I turn off the YazFi add-on and set the option in the Guest Network:
Access Intranet - ON
then devices in both networks can see each other. As expected.

Last edited:
Sounds like the firewall isn't adding the right rules. Can you please run the diagnostics option of YazFi command line, and send me the diagnostics and passphrase in a PM? If you need somewhere to upload the diagnostics please let me know and I'll send a Dropbox link

Personally, YazFi is no longer installed at the moment.
Maybe for Mintoo it is still the case ?

In any case, if it can be a clue: I remember that when disabling the firewall in the Asuswrt interface, the problem persisted.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!