What's new

"Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly" after reboot.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dragon

Occasional Visitor
On an AC3200, so frustratingly semi unsupported now.. ( feel kinda betrayed by how Asus/Broadcom treat this as a second class router despite seemingly selling it as a near flagship at the time.. ), but used to work fine, till

As per title, not sure how to try and tackle this, as far as I'm aware used to be no problem till one of the last few releases ( 384.12/13 ish ), running a 4G connection using a Netgear LB1110 ( Also a little frustratingly undersupported.. it's known to be a bit fussy with acting as a bridge device, and this model variant was never patched to improve behaviour ).

Used to work fine, but now usually when Router performs a scheduled reboot it loses internet connection till modem is rebooted too with the message in title displaying.

Modem sits on WAN port with local address 192.168.5.1, but also bridging internet connection directly to WAN port.

"May 1 05:00:22 WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly." is only relevant message I can really see in logs?

Another victim of mysterious WAN disconnect problem. I've seen it twice on my router. Modem reboot solves it.

Another victim of mysterious WAN disconnect problem. I've seen it twice on my router. Modem reboot solves it.

I did also had a different form of WAN disconnect yesterday, where router suddenly just said Disconnected, but could still access modem on 192.168.5.1 and it was resolutely sure still connected. ( rather than this DHCP not working properly error, where modem is not accessible either it seems ).

there is a fix you need to go to the whirlpool forums and talk to the aus rep Jack Cheng, send him a pm he will give you instructions, for a fix that is being currently tested.
im one of the testers, i linked his profile there.
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/user/587606

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!