What's new

Zen WiFi AX Mini XD4 Firmware 3.0.0.4.386.45934 and SONOS, Fire Tablet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RickNY

Occasional Visitor
I discovered after updating my XD4 system to firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.45934 that I ran into issues with some clients:
- Completely broke Sonos system -- was unable to reset and re-join them to WiFi them on that firmware version
- We ran into some issues where an Amazon Fire tablet continuously would report no network connection until forget and re-join network.

I ended up downgrading to 3.0.0.4.386.43129 and everything went back to normal.

I'm aware of the WiFi 6 compatibility article -- from that article, I've always had SmartConnect enabled and 802.11ax/WiFi6 mode enabled, and have disabled WiFi Agile Multiband and Target Wake Time. Protected Management frames is set to "Capable", and all of our devices play nicely with those.

Figured I'd put this out there if anyone else ran into this.

I have the same system. Just curious as to why you have WiFi Agile Multiband and Target Wake Time disabled. Not trying to debate with you on that im just very curious.

Ah gotcha ok. I was running into the same problems with my security cameras not streaming video when I had wifi 6 enabled. I guess wifi 6 on the 5ghz band affects the 2.4ghz as well. So I just ended up grabbing my old netgear wifi extender & just ran it in AP mode for 2.4ghz band.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!