What's new

Release Zenwifi XT8 Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43170

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TBONE204

Regular Contributor
Please post your experience here.

ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43170
- Fixed USB HDD throughput degraded issue.

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_43169
- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed CVE-2021-3450, CVE2021-3449 OpenSSL related vulnerability.
2. Fixed authentication bypass vulnerability. Special thank Chris Bellows, Darren Kemp – Atredis Partners contribution.
3. Fixed PPTP and OpenVPN server username/password GUI bug.
4. Fixed high CPU utilization issue.
5. Upgraded dropbear to version 2020.81
6. Fixed slowloris denial of service attack.

Last edited:
... not so well, for me...

I have four XT8 (2 x 2 pack). I tried to update a single node. The procedure went ok, but since then, that node connects to the other nodes/router ONLY with 2.4Ghz. No way to use the backhaul dedicated 5Ghz!
Reverted to 42095 and all goes like a charm as before...
OK, maybe I should have tried to update ALL routers, but I didn't want to risk ...

ps: why this new firmware is only 55.62 MBytes great, when olders are all about 72 MBytes great???

... not so well, for me...

I have four XT8 (2 x 2 pack). I tried to update a single node. The procedure went ok, but since then, that node connects to the other nodes/router ONLY with 2.4Ghz. No way to use the backhaul dedicated 5Ghz!
Reverted to 42095 and all goes like a charm as before...
OK, maybe I should have tried to update ALL routers, but I didn't want to risk ...

ps: why this new firmware is only 55.62 MBytes great, when olders are all about 72 MBytes great???
I'm pretty sure you need to have all nodes on the same firmware for it to work correctly.

What's the best way to update two XT8's? Do I have to update them one for one or does Asus has a smart method that updates both nodes without any issues?

If you just click the "Check" button under the "Administration" -> "Firmware Upgrade", the new version will be found. Then you can do the upgrade there, I think the button that you get is labeled either "firmware upgrade" or "upgrade", and it will download the new firmware version and update both nodes for you. I've done it both ways, upgrading the node first, then the router, and used the automated path, and you end up in the same place either way.

So yes, there is an update method that updates both nodes without an issue *smile*.

Updated mine (standalone router mode) with no problems at all in a few hours of intense wifi use. Triband smartconnect enabled.

Updated last night. No issues so far. Haven't seen any 'not mesh client unable to update IP' messages either.

If you just click the "Check" button under the "Administration" -> "Firmware Upgrade", the new version will be found. Then you can do the upgrade there, I think the button that you get is labeled either "firmware upgrade" or "upgrade", and it will download the new firmware version and update both nodes for you. I've done it both ways, upgrading the node first, then the router, and used the automated path, and you end up in the same place either way.

So yes, there is an update method that updates both nodes without an issue *smile*.
Hello, no that option just updates one node at a time.

How to update them both at the same time?

Sorry, thought that you meant updating both nodes with one command. In point of fact, I don't know (or care) if they're updated at the same time or one after another. It does seem to me to take about the same amount of time to do the single command update of both nodes and updating only one node, but I'm not generally in a burning hurry when I update...just want it to complete successfully *smile*.

Enjoy.

It has updated both of my nodes every time I have done it. When the process finishes and the reboot is complete the router and all nodes have the new firmware.

Assuming you mean clicking the second Check button in the middle of the page, it definitely updates them at the same time.

And I can confirm what @wags1 said. I've never had to update the second one manually either. You should only have to do that if you click the yellow Upload under the individual router/nodes in the bottom section.

Assuming you mean clicking the second Check button in the middle of the page, it definitely updates them at the same time.

And I can confirm what @wags1 said. I've never had to update the second one manually either. You should only have to do that if you click the yellow Upload under the individual router/nodes in the bottom section.
Thanks! I'll try!

So far so good. This is the first firmware update since 25790 that did not result in the wireless backhaul node dropping repeatedly. Fingers crossed it stays this way, though I'm very disappointed with Asus for taking so long (four firmware releases) to resolve the node dropping issue on my very basic out of the box network setup.

Yes, feels very stable at this point, and the log looking more organized/less random helps to boost one's confidence that you can just leave it alone and let it do its job. Doing that job really well here.

It did take a while to get there, and I'm sure that there will be more firmware breakages in the future. But this looks like one of those stable firmware releases that one can revert to if needed *smile*. So far.

I thought this firm was ok, but yesterday I noticed that two Moto G3 can't connect to wifi. I have tried all combinations in professional settings, smart connetc on/off... Nothing to do, they can't connect (and have been connected always, since I bought XT8).

Um
I updated it today, after checking here, but I got version: Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_43170-gd2603e6
I hope that it is not a "fake" or similar.
Not downloaded manually from anywhere, just pressed the "Check Update" button on the router -> Administration -> Firmware upgrade tab

Um
I updated it today, after checking here, but I got version: Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_43170-gd2603e6
I hope that it is not a "fake" or similar.
Not downloaded manually from anywhere, just pressed the "Check Update" button on the router -> Administration -> Firmware upgrade tab
me as well now.. this morning it was still showing the 169 Version

Can confirm:

Code:
Version 3.0.0.4.386.43170

2021/05/10                55.62 MBytes

ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43170
- Fixed USB HDD throughput degraded issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: d901e372b87f64b4bd369926ca8857be

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!