What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.24609

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dodgydrains

Regular Contributor
Version 3.0.0.4.388.24609
49.59 MB
2024/01/26

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed IP display list issue on networkmap.
- Fixed a GUI bug for WireGuard client profile name.
- Fixed WAN connection issues.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP mode issue.
- Added MTU setting for WireGuard client.
- Ensured consistent display of client status on the WireGuard server.
- Enhanced system stability when accessing the WireGuard server with DMZ enabled.
- Improved stability when enabling or disabling the WireGuard server.
- Optimized memory utilization and fixed an occasional server error when registering DDNS with an app.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.
- Fixed AiMesh node under Ethernet backhaul issues.
- Fixed GUI bugs while searching for AiMesh Node.
- Fixed USB function related issues.
- Fixed a GUI bug that occurred when adding port range rules in the Network Service Filter.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
- Fixed command injection vulnerabilities.
- Upgraded to the latest dropbear version.
- Fixed a stack overflow vulnerability.
- Fixed vulnerability in command injection after authentication.
- Fixed XSS potentially via malformed hostname in DHCP request.

V1 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ZenWiFi_XT8/FW_ZENWIFI_XT8_300438824609.zip?model=ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

V2 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...300438824609..zip?model=ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

Last edited:
Still limited to channel 140 on 5Ghz-2 in Europe while in the US one can choose up to channel 177, even though the same frequencies here in Europe are allowed to be used since 2021. WHY ASUS? WHY?

Asus isn't listening here. Contact them directly so they hear.

Asus isn't listening here. Contact them directly so they hear.
I did, believe me I did, and it is a pain... they don't properly read your mails and do everything to try to get rid of your ticket.

But I keep annoying them until they finally give in.

Great.

But talking about it here is worse than pointing it out to them.

So I’ve been having this issue for several firmwares, and even through a couple of GNUTON/Merlin firmwares… The Traffic Analyzer doesn’t work…

Jan 28 10:55:31 rc_service: httpd 1810:notify_rc restart_wrs;restart_firewall
Jan 28 10:55:31 BWDPI: blocked by bwdpi_stop_force!
Jan 28 10:55:31 BWDPI: module is blocked, reason=6!
Jan 28 10:55:36 hour monitor: daemon is starting
Jan 28 10:57:32 roamast: [EXAP]Deauth old sta in 1 0: BA:9E:A7:03:40:E4
Jan 28 10:57:32 roamast: eth5: disconnect weak signal strength station [ba:9e:a7:03:40:e4]
Jan 28 10:57:32 roamast: eth5: remove client [ba:9e:a7:03:40:e4] from monitor list
Jan 28 10:57:36 hour monitor: dpi engine doesn't exist

Any thoughts? Do I need to do a factory reset and reconfigure or is there some other fix?

So I’ve been having this issue for several firmwares, and even through a couple of GNUTON/Merlin firmwares… The Traffic Analyzer doesn’t work…
According to the error message, the Trend Micro engine is force disabled by the bwdpi_stop_force nvram variable that's set to 1.

I can't find anything in the source code that can set this to 1. Did you modify it, or are you running a third party addon that may be doing that?

You should be able to re-enable it over SSH with the following command:

Code:
nvram set bwdpi_stop_force=0
nvram commit

I’m on HW v1, yet this doesn’t show when I check for firmware update via the Asus App 🤔

According to the error message, the Trend Micro engine is force disabled by the bwdpi_stop_force nvram variable that's set to 1.

I can't find anything in the source code that can set this to 1. Did you modify it, or are you running a third party addon that may be doing that?

You should be able to re-enable it over SSH with the following command:

Code:
nvram set bwdpi_stop_force=0
nvram commit
Thanks Merlin! Have never modified anything or added any third party addons. I SSH'd in and made the change you suggested and now Traffic Analyzer is reporting data again. Much appreciated.

I got it on the ASUS Router app earlier today. Maybe some regional certification process making it slower in some countries.

Understand this update is for V1 units only. Even though I’m on HW V2, the system still shows there is an update available with the little flashing bell indicator on the webGUI. Checked the ASUS site (just in case) and did not find an update for V2 units.

Is there any way to turn off/stop the flashing bell indicator? Just a minor annoyance, but still 😉

Hi,
I'm On 3.0.0.4.388_23285-g5068da5 which is stable without any issues, Wired backhaul all green?
i'm wondering if i should do the upgrade?

Hi,
I'm On 3.0.0.4.388_23285-g5068da5 which is stable without any issues, Wired backhaul all green?
i'm wondering if i should do the upgrade?

We're also running stock ASUS ver 3.0.0.4.388_23285 with one node. We are using 5GHz-2 backhaul and have SAMBA running with a SSD.

Had to reboot the system once after 65 days. That was after I had tweaked device icons and devices in the network map. It was around then that the devices in the network map stopped updating. Everything kept working, just didn’t show proper devices. Reboot fixed it. So except for that, system has been very stable. Not a big load with just two of us in the house, but there are 40 IoT devices.

What version is your hardware? We are on V2. We won’t/can't do the update unless ASUS puts out a version for V2 hardware. And even then, it will need to fix items impacting us (like the network map update stopping) or improves security. Sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong about my understanding of the hardware version requirement. So we're back to just wanting to stop blinking update icon :rolleyes:

Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Im on v1, and the gui and app fleshing me notification to do the firmware update.
I have 2 xt8 and 2 XD5 mesh working with no issues,all wired backhaul.
So whats the forum recommendation?

Can't give a personal review to this version of firmware since I'm not currently using the ZenWiFi AX, but given the previous version is from back in May of last year and from all the fixes that are included in this new one, I'd be trying it out. Especially if one doesn't have anything more current than May of last year between one's ONT and the ZenWiFi mesh. There's a lot of security and bug fixes there that it would be really good to have. And the list given in the release notes are generally only the headline fixes, there are usually some number more fixes that aren't listed.

Last edited:
Now the DNS list window is in the background of the interface and you cannot see or select anything.
You have to zoom out on the screen to separate each other, and then blindly click on what you think you need.

Now the DNS list window is in the background of the interface and you cannot see or select anything.
You have to zoom out on the screen to separate each other, and then blindly click on what you think you need.
Embarrassing. So no quality control on that part of the update.

Update: After going through my settings, and returning to the page with the DNS selection, the DNS list window appeared on top as it should.

Last edited:
Can you share screen shoot ,I haven't notice such an issue (maybe I'm looking at wrong settings location...)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!