What's new

Release Zenwifi XT8 Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43170

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just tried 43170 and my problem is not solved yet.

Try disabling the wireless setting "802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode" just as a test to see if your older phones will connect.

If you've already tried that, never mind *smile*.

Pings to my gateway (2x XT8 running AP mode standalone) from my phone have gone variable, from 3ms to 30ms. Jitter is 11ms, average 15ms. Performance doesn't feel much slower, down throughput is still good ~550mbps, up throughput might be a little lower than before ~350mbps vs 400-500mbps.

I have a problem with wlan to my my roborock s6maxV. After the upgrade roborock doesńt connect to wifi. I have a double nat. It es no problem to connect it to the second router. I tried to connect the robot to a 2.4 GHz guest wifi. That also fails. Everything went very well before.

After installing 3.0.0.4.386_43170, both my laptops and phones (connected to the mesh node, not the main router) drop the connection every few minutes (connected but no internet). I had to revert to old firmware
Also strange that it is 55MB instead of 72MB as before

After installing 3.0.0.4.386_43170, both my laptops and phones (connected to the mesh node, not the main router) drop the connection every few minutes (connected but no internet). I had to revert to old firmware
Also strange that it is 55MB instead of 72MB as before

I didn't notice that difference on size :oops:

Please post your experience here.

ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43170
- Fixed USB HDD throughput degraded issue.

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_43169
- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed CVE-2021-3450, CVE2021-3449 OpenSSL related vulnerability.
2. Fixed authentication bypass vulnerability. Special thank Chris Bellows, Darren Kemp – Atredis Partners contribution.
3. Fixed PPTP and OpenVPN server username/password GUI bug.
4. Fixed high CPU utilization issue.
5. Upgraded dropbear to version 2020.81
6. Fixed slowloris denial of service attack.
This sounds great. Unfortunately I cannot employ it on my XT8s because I use them as AiMesh nodes for my GT-AX11000, which inexplicably remains stuck on beta firmware from February. My attempts to update my XT8s beyond the same beta firmware version as the AX11000 have yielded untenable results—the XT8s drop out constantly,

I’ve attempted to get an update as to when the AX11000 will receive the next stable release, but five months later it appears that ASUS is focusing on the AXE11000 and has abandoned the AX11000–despite the fact that it is still available for sale on the market (and I bought mine at full price a couple of months before the AXE11000 was launched)

Some issues I noted with 43169/43170:
- Today my 4th node was connected to the 2nd node with 2.4ghz, instead of being conntected to 3rd node with 5.0Ghz
- Only 3 of 4 cores of the cpu are used
- The free ram is decreasing daily... from 130 when I upgraded firmware... then 115, now 99,...

Attachments

• ram.png
    ram.png
    25 KB · Views: 120
I have a problem with wlan to my my roborock s6maxV. After the upgrade roborock doesńt connect to wifi. I have a double nat. It es no problem to connect it to the second router. I tried to connect the robot to a 2.4 GHz guest wifi. That also fails. Everything went very well before.
And here I was, thinking my Roborock was the issue... Hadn't vacuumed upstairs for a few days and now when I wanted to, it wouldn't connect either. Been fiddling around all morning but couldn't fix it. Apparently I'm not the only one...

And here I was, thinking my Roborock was the issue... Hadn't vacuumed upstairs for a few days and now when I wanted to, it wouldn't connect either. Been fiddling around all morning but couldn't fix it. Apparently I'm not the only one...
Roll back to March update. I have had to do so.

Given recent history of Asus updates, can we expect a patched firmware soon, or is it going to take months?

I have two XT8s in AP mode with wireless backhaul and these two firmwares brought issue with re-keying for backhaul (each "Group Key Rotation Interval" seconds, by default once an hour) - traffic between node and main router is lost for 5-10 seconds. Therefore, clients are connected to node and node is connected to the main router. but there is no network connection. I tested different backhaul settings and nothing helped.

I'm not a big fan of huge re-keying intervals, so I had to roll back to the march firmware.

I have two XT8s in AP mode with wireless backhaul and these two firmwares brought issue with re-keying for backhaul (each "Group Key Rotation Interval" seconds, by default once an hour) - traffic between node and main router is lost for 5-10 seconds. Therefore, clients are connected to node and node is connected to the main router. but there is no network connection. I tested different backhaul settings and nothing helped.

I'm not a big fan of huge re-keying intervals, so I had to roll back to the march firmware.
Oooh, thanks! I did a "pinginfo" long run on my 4 xt8 with 43169 firmware and I've seen that my 3 nodes lost packed continuously for about 10 second after a period of time (I didn't check the time interval), but there was no led changing and no aimesh disconnection (strangely)...
With 42095 all ok, no more ping lost!

Given recent history of Asus updates, can we expect a patched firmware soon, or is it going to take months?
I think (hope) that will be fast, as this is a big problem. The latest two firms have been 3 days one from other. So I think it is possible to expect a new firm soon. XT8 is a popular model (as AC86U, AX86U...), and "high end", so it should be treated "well".

Since yesterday night, after reverting to the March update, my only mesh node (XT8) keeps disconnecting from the main router (blue led flashing) every hour or so. Then it reconnects after around a minute (white led). Is this usual? Do I have to do something after a firmware downgrade?

Since yesterday night, after reverting to the March update, my only mesh node (XT8) keeps disconnecting from the main router (blue led flashing) every hour or so. Then it reconnects after around a minute (white led). Is this usual? Do I have to do something after a firmware downgrade?
My system is a XT8 as standalone router, no Mesh. So I can't help you, but I have had no any problem downgrading to March firm.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!