What's new

Release Zenwifi XT8 Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43170

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What do you mean "reconnect all devices"? I don't have any devices that don't reconnect automatically when the wireless comes back up. But I don't have much interest in home automation, if that's where you find devices that need hand-holding to connect to wireless. I need the exercise of actually going to a light switch to turn it on or off *smile*. Yes, you would have to set up guest networks. Personally, I keep try to keep my detailed settings as simple as possible (but not simpler *smile*)...like radio channels and a couple of other wireless settings, custom DNS, adjusting the DHCP pool, turning off UPnP, and that's about it. Couple of other miscellaneous settings, like turning on traffic statistics, but it goes pretty quickly for me.
Sorry for the confusion. I mean when you do a reset after you update your firmware, does that erase all of the settings? As in you have to rename your router, redo your login/password, re-doing all of the settings? I at least want to know if that makes things work properly and if that's what I need to do.

Sorry for the confusion. I mean when you do a reset after you update your firmware, does that erase all of the settings? As in you have to rename your router, redo your login/password, re-doing all of the settings? I at least want to know if that makes things work properly and if that's what I need to do.

Yes, you need to reenter all your settings after a full factory reset to defaults, including your login credentials. I don't name my router, so there's one less thing that I need to re-do *smile*. A reset may or may not make things work properly, but at least you know where you're starting from with your configuration. From ground zero.

Yes, you need to reenter all your settings after a full factory reset to defaults, including your login credentials. I don't name my router, so there's one less thing that I need to re-do *smile*. A reset may or may not make things work properly, but at least you know where you're starting from with your configuration. From ground zero.
Got it, perhaps I'll try that if I can get some free time. Thanks for the response!

My Amazon Echo, Honeywell Thermostats and Withings Body+ scale could no longer connect to the network after applying 3.0.0.4.386.43169 and then 3.0.0.4.386.43170. I contacted the support and after some back and forth was told to downgrade to 3.0.0.4.386.42095. Anybody else experiencing similar issues?
I upgraded to 43170 and noticed that my 2.4 GHz Guest network wasn't connecting any devices. Specifically, I have two Nest Thermostats and a Ring camera that wouldn't connect. When I looked at the settings for the Guest network I found "Sync to AiMesh Node" set to Router (Is this new?). I changed that to All, and my devices are connecting now. Also the Guest network now appears to use the AiMesh, instead of just the Router. I hadn't realized this functionality was added. So far so good, fingers crossed.

Posting this in case someone has the same problem as I did. Just downgraded back to 42095 and everything seems fine again. Symptoms:

1. Would lose wifi (but not wired) connectivity multiple times per day.
2. When connectivity was lost, pinging didn't work (even by IP), but oddly nslookup did.
3. Disabling and then re-enabling wifi on my M1 MacBook would fix immediately, but simply renewing the DHCP lease in System Preferences would not.

Really odd symptoms. Especially the fact that nslookup continued working (and yes, I tried fresh, uncached lookups).

Anyway, everything seems fixed now with the downgrade.

I have a problem with wlan to my my roborock s6maxV. After the upgrade roborock doesńt connect to wifi. I have a double nat. It es no problem to connect it to the second router. I tried to connect the robot to a 2.4 GHz guest wifi. That also fails. Everything went very well before.
Newest version works again with the Roborock S6 MaxV. Didn't at the first try though. Had to reboot the nodes an extra time and reset WiFi on the vacuum (spot clean+dock button pushed for a few secs and wait for the prompt) and re-add it through the app.

Newest version works again with the Roborock S6 MaxV. Didn't at the first try though. Had to reboot the nodes an extra time and reset WiFi on the vacuum (spot clean+dock button pushed for a few secs and wait for the prompt) and re-add it through the app.
My Roborock works again too. Great.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!