What's new

ZenWiFi XT8 new firmware 3.0.0.4.386_25509

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On 25509 WiFi stability is an issue along with some wan drop outs. The web GUI is kind of a mess also. I reverted back to 25224 and it seems better all around.

Question I have is how much RAM are your systems using? Mine routinely is above 70% usage. Starts out at around 49% and steadily rises over a few days to 70% or more.

I just bought the router about a month ago and had this exact issue. It would happen at midnight every single night and sometimes randomly throughout the day. I was on wired backhaul. This latest firmware update fixed that for me.
And the issue is back. Disconnects randomly and at 12am every night.

On 25509 WiFi stability is an issue along with some wan drop outs. The web GUI is kind of a mess also. I reverted back to 25224 and it seems better all around.

Question I have is how much RAM are your systems using? Mine routinely is above 70% usage. Starts out at around 49% and steadily rises over a few days to 70% or more.

Mine is exactly the same.

Have you tried the beta 25513 yet? Some folks have been having good luck with it.

I haven't had any disconnect issues with the Node with this latest release. However, one issue that is popping up now is either the inability to connect to the 5-1Ghz band or I'm able to connect but have very slow speeds with only 1 bar shown on the connection. I'm connected to the closest node, so not sure why this is happening. It happens randomly throughout the day and at some point resolves itself.

Hmm,

If you go through the web interface, they actually have note under Network Map. If you look on the upper right, you will see System Status. There you can click on the 5G-2 frequency tab and it explains that they have dedicated it to the wireless backhaul (which I don't use for most of my nodes) if you're using AIMesh. You can change that if you want, but you will see that the band is definitely using the 160MHz band, as part of its options.

My issue is that I can't disable the mesh because one of my nodes can't connect via wired backhaul so freeing that band for other uses is not an option.

Would that it were that easy. I could use 5GHZ-2 since my backhaul is ethernet. But hiding the 5GHZ-2 SSID or not, the Channel Bandwidth dropdown only shows 20, 40, 80, and 20/40/80 entries. There used to be a 160 entry in there but it has mysteriously vanished.

Wireless Log also shows:

HE Capable:
Chanspec: 5GHz channel 106 80MHz (0xe36a)
Primary channel: 112
HT Capabilities: 40Mhz SGI20 SGI40
Supported HT MCS : 0-31
Supported VHT MCS:
NSS1 Tx: 0-11 Rx: 0-11
NSS2 Tx: 0-11 Rx: 0-11
NSS3 Tx: 0-11 Rx: 0-11
NSS4 Tx: 0-11 Rx: 0-11
Supported HE MCS:
80 Mhz:
160 Mhz:

It seems to be supported, but not using it?

I’m currently using the 25513 beta on my XT8 and so far it’s working pretty well.
No dropouts, wifi signal is good, clients
switch between nodes well. Keep your fingers crossed Asus has it figured out, but it’s looking hopeful that’s for sure.

I’m currently using the 25513 beta on my XT8 and so far it’s working pretty well.
No dropouts, wifi signal is good, clients
switch between nodes well. Keep your fingers crossed Asus has it figured out, but it’s looking hopeful that’s for sure.
did you modify any of the setting much, or is it all pretty well factory settings aside from SSID and maybe channel use?

did you modify any of the setting much, or is it all pretty well factory settings aside from SSID and maybe channel use?

It’s running pretty much stock settings. I started with separate 2.4 & 5ghz bands but I changed to smart connect and it seems to run a bit better. Channels are on auto, changed DNS to Open DNS, enabled ipv6 and that’s about it. Wired clients getting full speed. So far its solid, no issues as of yet. You absolutely need to do a full factory reset after downloading a new firmware just like every other Asus router I’ve owned, tried without a reset and it didn’t go well at all. Now runs better than the Orbi RBK752 that it replaced.

Last edited:
So far using the Beta i have experienced solid wireless connection. A video playing on loop has been playing for over 24 hours and still going strong. WiFi SweetSpots shows 750-800mbps all over my house. Smart connect is off. With smart connect on, I get 10-50mbps on WiFi SweetSpots and my thermostat and smart outlets have trouble connecting. In my experience Smart Connect gives terrible performance.

I am very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So far using the Beta i have experienced solid wireless connection. A video playing on loop has been playing for over 24 hours and still going strong. WiFi SweetSpots shows 750-800mbps all over my house.

I am very happy.

How fast is your internet from your ISP?

How fast is your internet from your ISP?

I pay for 600mbps, SHAW Cable. I get the max or higher all the time, all over my property. I have two XT8 and two CT8 units and one RT-AX92u in the shed in the yard. All connected with Ethernet backhaul. I have 39 devices connected to my network.

4bad655d71ade867d513fc20b0a3ee4a.jpg

639352639ad1b63510df02f9b6960b51.jpg

Last edited:
I pay for 600mbps, SHAW Cable. I get the max or higher all the time, all over my property. I have two XT8 and two CT8 units and one RT-AX92u in the shed in the yard. All connected with Ethernet backhaul. I have 39 devices connected to my network.

4bad655d71ade867d513fc20b0a3ee4a.jpg

639352639ad1b63510df02f9b6960b51.jpg

Thanks, I’m running mine with the Wi-Fi backhaul 5ghz2 and it runs at 160mhz with a -45 signal between nodes. Same experience as yours so no complaints.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!