What's new

ZenWiFi XT8 new firmware 3.0.0.4.386_25509

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks, I’m running mine with the Wi-Fi backhaul 5ghz2 and it runs at 160mhz with a -45 signal between nodes. Same experience as yours so no complaints.

Nice. Before I ordered all these 25, 50 and 100ft Ethernet cables, I was running on wireless backhaul and it was using 160MHz channels as well, and I was seeing the same speeds as you. Now that I can compare wired vs wireless backhaul, I realize I really didn’t need to wire them up! Curiously, there is no 160mhz channels being used according to WifiExplorer since I have opened the 5ghz-2 band to client use, and it still says the 5ghz-2 is used for dedicated wireless backhaul even though it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I PMd it to you
. I have to thank you for this! I was running the latest firmware and it had crippled my network speed down to 200Mbps at three feet from the router. Since installing the new firmware I'm back around 450 or so ( I have gigabit). I'm starting to be concerned that the MoCa adapters are somehow interfering with the signal. Maybe I can just go wireless backhaul to avoid those issues.

I am hoping to see higher throughput all around, but they need to pull the currently available public firmware.

. I have to thank you for this! I was running the latest firmware and it had crippled my network speed down to 200Mbps at three feet from the router. Since installing the new firmware I'm back around 450 or so ( I have gigabit). I'm starting to be concerned that the MoCa adapters are somehow interfering with the signal. Maybe I can just go wireless backhaul to avoid those issues.

I am hoping to see higher throughput all around, but they need to pull the currently available public firmware.

Sure thing, glad it’s working for you.

Is it possible to PM me this beta firmware as well? I updated my XT8 units (running as APs not in mesh) to 25509 and am having 5G-1/5G-2 connection issues from clients. Also, when setting 5G-2 to 160MHz channels, it is way too sensitive (relative to Netgear EAX80 and TP-Link AX6000) and thus reduce to 80MHz channels way more frequently than other APs above......

As such, I am disconnecting my XT8 units and re-using my TP-Link and Netgear combos...... Which is a shame.....

Many thanks in advance.

Is it possible to PM me this beta firmware as well? I updated my XT8 units (running as APs not in mesh) to 25509 and am having 5G-1/5G-2 connection issues from clients. Also, when setting 5G-2 to 160MHz channels, it is way too sensitive (relative to Netgear EAX80 and TP-Link AX6000) and thus reduce to 80MHz channels way more frequently than other APs above......

As such, I am disconnecting my XT8 units and re-using my TP-Link and Netgear combos...... Which is a shame.....

Many thanks in advance.

just PMd it to you

hmmm seems there's a new firmware version available according to my router : 3.0.0.4.386_25524-g9977a2e
not going to install it yet until it shows up on the website with some release notes.

hmmm seems there's a new firmware version available according to my router : 3.0.0.4.386_25524-g9977a2e
not going to install it yet until it shows up on the website with some release notes.
I went ahead for the installation. It updated the node but not the router...And when I do a firmware update check it says: Temporarily unable to get the latest firmware information. Please try again later. Rolled back to 25509, I'll wait as well when it shows up on the website.

Nice. Before I ordered all these 25, 50 and 100ft Ethernet cables, I was running on wireless backhaul and it was using 160MHz channels as well, and I was seeing the same speeds as you. Now that I can compare wired vs wireless backhaul, I realize I really didn’t need to wire them up! Curiously, there is no 160mhz channels being used according to WifiExplorer since I have opened the 5ghz-2 band to client use, and it still says the 5ghz-2 is used for dedicated wireless backhaul even though it’s not.

my 5G-2 doesn't seem to utilize 160 Mhz band........not sure why. not even an option on the settings and in the WIFI log it always says 80 Mhz.

my 5G-2 doesn't seem to utilize 160 Mhz band........not sure why. not even an option on the settings and in the WIFI log it always says 80 Mhz.

For me the option disappeared after the first firmware update. I literally got to see it only once.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!