What's new

ZenWiFi XT8 new firmware 3.0.0.4.386_25524

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

argh, frustrating waiting for them to publish on the website.. you notice any difference so far?
I've had it installed all morning. not a lot of time, but so far so good. I too, would like to see the release notes.

Here it is.

Version 3.0.0.4.386.25524 2020/06/11 72.28 MBytes

ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.25524
- Improved node connection stability
- Optimized CPU utilization.

oh, it's just not on the global site, but on the european sites.
release notes:

Version 3.0.0.4.386.255242020/06/1172.28 MBytes

ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.25524
- Improved node connection stability
- Optimized CPU utilization.

this is weird.. i did my very unscientific proximity test and the speed seems capped at 100Mbps.. If I change something, anything in the wifi settings and save then it jumps up to 300+Mbps. If I reboot the routers it starts off at 100Mbps again. very odd. I might do a factory reset later.

this is weird.. i did my very unscientific proximity test and the speed seems capped at 100Mbps.. If I change something, anything in the wifi settings and save then it jumps up to 300+Mbps. If I reboot the routers it starts off at 100Mbps again. very odd. I might do a factory reset later.

every firmware upgrade I've done a factory reset after install as recommended. I don't seem to have this issue though. Everything seems fine for me so far in the very short period it's been up and running.

every firmware upgrade I've done a factory reset after install as recommended. I don't seem to have this issue though. Everything seems fine for me so far in the very short period it's been up and running.

hmm, do you do a factory reset through the UI or the WPS + power button method?

Do we really need to do a factor reset after every firmware update? It's just a pain in the butt to move the node close to the router again to initiate the connection between the router and the node.

Do we really need to do a factory reset after every firmware update? It's just a pain in the butt to move the node close to the router again to initiate the connection between the router and the node.

Need to? No, absolutely not. But if the firmware changes some default settings, you'll never know if you keep your existing settings. it's always best to work from the default and change only the things you need. the default settings are usually the "recommended" settings.

so is it necessary? absolutely not, but it is recommended.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!