What's new

Zenwifi xt9

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vcasusxt9

New Around Here
Hello,
I have recently got the xt9 setup, moving from the rt -ax86u.

My 5ghz network on the xt9 keeps dropping multiple times a day. I have updated the router to the latest firmware, I thought of installing Merlin Firmware but it seems it's not compatible with the xt9
Pls let me know what can be done to get a stable 5ghz network
Thanks much.

Welcome to the forums @vcasusxt9.

Did you import any backup config file into the new router, or did you set it up minimally and manually after flashing the latest firmware on it and doing a full reset afterward?

Have you tried (at least as a test) using new SSIDs?

The RT-AX86U was the superior router, IMO.

I set it up minimally and manually after making sure the firmware was updated.
Changed the SSIDs to new names and removed the RT-AX86U .

Had to move from the AX86u as it was not covering the entire house . May add it back as a node to the aimesh. But first want to get the 5 GHz stable

You should have tried the RT-AX86U as the main and added nodes as needed, first.

My 5ghz network on the xt9 keeps dropping multiple times a day

Use non-DFS channels at 80MHz wide for both main and backhaul networks, if possible. This means main on 36-48 and backhaul on 149-161. If upper range is not available in your country, experiment with what works better for the backhaul channel.

RT-AX86U is a much better hardware router. I would rather try finding one RT-AX86S for a node to it. Both run the same firmware, will be updated at the same time, have the same radios hardware.