What's new

ASUS ZenWIFI XT9 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24609Version 3.0.0.4.388_24609

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JEofMPK

Regular Contributor
ASUS ZenWIFI XT9 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24609
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24609

Any issues? I am using the prior version and wondering if I should upgrade. Will also have to do so remotely so a bit leery. My network works fine at the moment without issues at all.

ASUS ZenWIFI XT9 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24609
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24609

Any issues? I am using the prior version and wondering if I should upgrade. Will also have to do so remotely so a bit leery. My network works fine at the moment without issues at all.
Ever since I updated the firmware, the node is always showing to have a weak connection. It's definitely affecting the devices that are connected to it. Now I have to research how to revert back to the the old firmware

Have you tried to do a system reboot first?

Did you watch/verify both the node and main router reboot simultaneously?

Yes. Once reviewed, link was green and signal was great. Then, after a few hours, my son started complaining so I checked the app and sure enough the signal was weak. Never happened prior to the firmware update.

Have you tried different Control Channels?

Ok, so I realized what the issue is. It's the uplink channel being chosen. Right now, I have a great connection (haven't done anything other than the regular nightly rebooting have scheduled). The uplink type on the app is 5ghz. Last night when I looked and the signal was weak, the uplink type was 2.4ghz. I will monitor but not understanding why this is happening now when it wasn't happening pre firmware update.

I'm wondering if asus has instituted some automatic backhaul switching in an effort to address complaints on node connection drops.

So I have the issue again where the node signal is weak, and the backhaul link has switched to 2.4ghz and the RSSI is -48 (was -53 and great).

Why is this happening?

Have you tried different Control Channels?

I have not. I use the recommended settings

There are no 'recommended' settings for the Control Channels other than to test which one is the best in your environment.

See the link I provided for more details.

Let the testing begin. :)

So I have the issue again where the node signal is weak, and the backhaul link has switched to 2.4ghz and the RSSI is -48 (was -53 and great).

Why is this happening?
Were you able to fix the problem? The problem is the backhaul is on 2.4Ghz versus 5Ghz, right?

Hello
My system is super unstable. I have a main rt-ax89x mesh router where I had 2 rt-ac67u nodes working very well without any problems. Now I upgraded keeping the rt-ax89x and replaced the 2 rt-ac67u with a zenwifi xt9. The system was terrible on the zenwifi xt9 node, it always has a drop in speed and despite being close to it most of the time mobile devices connect to 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz. Before with the rt-ac67u everything was fine without any problems a few months ago.

Mine been rock solid since Day 1. The XT9 eliminated all previous WIFI dead spots in a large house with lots of obstructions.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!