What's new

Advice about router change

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The AC 2400 Class RT-AC87U with fully fleshed out clients will be faster than the tri-band AC3200 Class DLink.

Besides; DLink better than Asus+RMerlin firmware? Not likely. :)

We won't know until mid year when first routers ship. All the new AC2600 4x4 routers use Qualcomm chipsets, which are as yet untried in the market.

The difference between the current generation 4x4 AC2350/2400 and the new AC2600 is a 4x4 2.4 GHz radio. You're never going to see that in a client device.

For that matter, the new 1024-QAM modulation supported by Broadcom's new 4x4 chipset is going to take a long time to get into client devices.

So the "benefit" in these new routers is primarily bragging rights for the manufacturers and the ability to put the bigger number on the box to make people ask questions like this.

We won't know until mid year when first routers ship. All the new AC2600 4x4 routers use Qualcomm chipsets, which are as yet untried in the market.

The difference between the current generation 4x4 AC2350/2400 and the new AC2600 is a 4x4 2.4 GHz radio. You're never going to see that in a client device.

For that matter, the new 1024-QAM modulation supported by Broadcom's new 4x4 chipset is going to take a long time to get into client devices.

So the "benefit" in these new routers is primarily bragging rights for the manufacturers and the ability to put the bigger number on the box to make people ask questions like this.

Thanks for the answer

But my question (i did not mentioned that, my mistake) was about the range that i can reach with this one instead the 87U, will be the same as well?

Thanks

hmm... miss com.. wait the next comment
f.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!