What's new

Advice on router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wilma12

New Around Here
hi, can someone please help, I recently purchased an Asus rt ac3200 router which has a feature under qos that you can see web browsing history domain names. The problem I have is it only stores a small amount of history before deleting! Is there a router that stores more history or an option to send to a USB? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. I'm not technical minded and surprised myself on setting up a new router!!! Many thanks

install rmerlin firmware. There is also option to send logs to remote host, but if you go into the underlaying linux system, have a usb drive attached with linux file format, you can do a system link for logging and you can than set the log to have too many thousands of lines.

install rmerlin firmware. There is also option to send logs to remote host, but if you go into the underlaying linux system, have a usb drive attached with linux file format, you can do a system link for logging and you can than set the log to have too many thousands of lines.
Thankyou very much for your reply. I'm not technical minded so do you know of a tutorial or step by step guide on how to do this?

its as simple as updating your firmware, only you pick a different firmware rather than the one from asus. Only works this way for rmerlin firmware, other firmwares have their procedures.

its as simple as updating your firmware, only you pick a different firmware rather than the one from asus. Only works this way for rmerlin firmware, other firmwares have their procedures.
Sorry a quick question if you don't mind, I've downloaded the firmware from Asuswrt.lostrealm.ca the file won't open! Can you please tell me what program will open it as it keeps trying to open it in adobe !! Many thanks

Sorry a quick question if you don't mind, I've downloaded the firmware from Asuswrt.lostrealm.ca the file won't open! Can you please tell me what program will open it as it keeps trying to open it in adobe !! Many thanks
you dont open the file, you go to your firmware update and pick the file.

Ok Thankyou, I thought that it saved as a trx file and not adobe, that will still work? Thanks again for your help
if its in a zip/7zip/rar or some type of compression than you might need to extract it. 7z can look into various types of compression. Otherwise its likely the firmware file.

if its in a zip/7zip/rar or some type of compression than you might need to extract it. 7z can look into various types of compression. Otherwise its likely the firmware file.
Thankyou for your reply software uploaded. Is there a tutorial on the next steps you have suggested? Remote host or Linux system which is easiest! This is so alien to me hence the silly questions. Thankyou for your time