What's new

[Alpha][MU-MIMO] Early preview of 380.59

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Reminds me of my plane. To close one window, you have to hit the close button on the screen. To close a different window, you need to select exit from the drop down menu. To close another window, you need to right click on the menu bar and select "close process." To close the comms window, you need to change something and select ok, not close. There are tons of different people doing things their own way.

Either that, or clicking on the error message will take you to the actual line in the code. That's how I usually debug things out, using Chrome's console.

There are a few things here and there in Asuswrt that uses Ajax to run code that needs to handle data at the DOM level, to prevent that kind of issue. I remember having to deal with that with the Sysinfo page (for the Ethernet switch data) and on some of the VPN pages.

If keeping in sync with Asus's code wasn't a priority, I would consider a MAJOR overhaul of the whole webui. It needs to be more robust than it currently is. That means, wall-to-wall escaping of special characters for anything inserted by httpd, an actual established way of handling bi-directional communication with the backend (right now we have a mixture of Javascript vars, arrays, and XML data structures). And all of that with a more unified set of UI design guidelines. Currently, Asuswrt has tabs (all pages), dropdown (VPN and traffic monitor pages), links (AiProtection and USB Apps pages). It's like there are three different persons working on the webui, each of them with his own personal set of design guidelines.

But, that's way beyond the scope of this project, so we'll have to make do with what we have...

Unexpected behaviour, if you were to set a port forward to a given IP, and another device used UPNP to forward the same port but to itself instead. Only one of the two can work.
would you still be able to use mulitple game systems on the same network?

Last time their plugin broke (due to Asus changing the way the CSS was implemented in regard to the side menu), Astrill updated their plugin to remain compatible. They also adjusted when I removed the Run CMD page. So I'm fairly confident that they will once again adjust once a final firmware release is available.

If it's a more complicated issue, I'm sure they will reach out to me. We've had some talks in the past over some things, so they know how to contact me if needed.

I hope you are right. Unfortunately, Astrill is now a shell of its former self. Perhaps that will turn-around.

I don't think it's fair to blame Astrill for the ios problems you are experiencing. This is mostly due to O/S restrictions (blame Apple) and the great firewall of china (you know who to blame). I can't speak highly enough of them - have been a customer for many years.

To answer your question, version 380.58 works perfectly with the Astrill Router applet. 380.59 is still an Alpha after all.

I guess we can agree to disagree. They used to be great here in China but now, not so much and their support now is almost non-existent. Today, they have far few servers (connections to physical servers) that they had 3 months ago. I could go on and on.

Thanks for the info regarding firmware. I'll load up .58 for now.

I asked them about the incomplete zips, and they eventually sent me new zips (after I re-asked again). Those new zips are all corrupted and fail to unzip, and they haven't answered me back when I mentioned it. So for now I've simply given up on these missing files. I suppose their engineers are currently too busy to look into it.

Looks like they finally fixed the issue!!! Oddly, it is still broken for the 68U but they have a working zip for the 68P.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68P/GPL_RT_AC68P_90043802695.zip

Hopefully it has the files you need to create alpha 2

would you still be able to use mulitple game systems on the same network?

Only if the game is intelligent enough to use a different port if the first one isn't available.

It's technically impossible to forward one port to more than one destination. Would be like wanting one door to open on two different rooms at once.

Not specifically related to Merlin and possibly already reported long ago, but I noticed this error in Chrome & FireFox... Does it cause any issues that it's blocked? Looks like a list of manufacturers (for the network map I assume?).

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://192.168.1.1:8443/index.asp' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://nw-dlcdnet.asus.com/plugin/js/ouiDB.js'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.(anonymous function) @ client_function.js:260

Last edited:
Thanks for the link - the few missing blobs I checked such as the wireless driver were indeed in that one.

This means you'll be able to create a new alpha for the ac68U now?

I'd love to flash your firmware again but the newer driver etc on the Asus beta is more stable on my Apple devices.

This means you'll be able to create a new alpha for the ac68U now?

I'd love to flash your firmware again but the newer driver etc on the Asus beta is more stable on my Apple devices.

I don't know yet, I haven't had the time to test it.

Merlin,

I decided to go ahead and flash this newer alpha 2 build on my AC3100. However i had to go back to the older alpha 2 build. As i noticed when i went to the LAN<->DHCP page, i input my settings, and clicked apply. Yet nothing came up showing settings being applied. So i gave it a few seconds, and reloaded the page. The webgui of the router wouldn't load.

So i even factory defaulted the router, but it didn't even help. I could get the router gui to load back up if i waited a minute, or two. With that said.. something is bugging out, and i wasn't ever able to apply any settings on the LAN<->DHCP page. So hopefully you can get this bug sorted in next build, as i did see you fixed the upnp ports showing up in the system log. As that's broken in the first alpha 2 build. I plan to use the first alpha 2 build for now, as this new build a bit to unstable for the AC3100 at least.

Merlin,

I decided to go ahead and flash this newer alpha 2 build on my AC3100. However i had to go back to the older alpha 2 build. As i noticed when i went to the LAN<->DHCP page, i input my settings, and clicked apply. Yet nothing came up showing settings being applied. So i gave it a few seconds, and reloaded the page. The webgui of the router wouldn't load.

So i even factory defaulted the router, but it didn't even help. I could get the router gui to load back up if i waited a minute, or two. With that said.. something is bugging out, and i wasn't ever able to apply any settings on the LAN<->DHCP page. So hopefully you can get this bug sorted in next build, as i did see you fixed the upnp ports showing up in the system log. As that's broken in the first alpha 2 build. I plan to use the first alpha 2 build for now, as this new build a bit to unstable for the AC3100 at least.

I sometimes find that I need to reboot the pc I'm using to connect to the router to flush its ram/cache, which sometimes interferes with a proper access of the router.

I sometimes find that I need to reboot the pc I'm using to connect to the router to flush its ram/cache, which sometimes interferes with a proper access of the router.
Well i tried to access the router a couple different ways, and it didn't help. Also like i said, the apply button on the LAN<->DHCP page wouldn't do a thing, except cause everything to become very slow, and non-responsive.

Will try to compile when im gonna back home after work
Ac-68

Been trying to make a RT-AC68 build since Eric updated the necessary blobs the other day but it fails when compiling samba libs.

Probably to do with the Openwrt backports o maybe it's just that I don't have much idea at all .

Let's see if Eric can throw us a hand.

Been trying to make a RT-AC68 build since Eric updated the necessary blobs the other day but it fails when compiling samba libs.

Probably to do with the Openwrt backports o maybe it's just that I don't have much idea at all .

Let's see if Eric can throw us a hand.
Same! Fail! :D

Not specifically related to Merlin and possibly already reported long ago, but I noticed this error in Chrome & FireFox... Does it cause any issues that it's blocked? Looks like a list of manufacturers (for the network map I assume?).

Not much I can do, Asus's web server doesn't support https.