What's new

[Alpha] Preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.60

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Having a problem configuring QoS on my AC5300 on 380.60-A3.

To reproduce, click on the Adaptive QoS page, then the QoS tab. Enable QoS and select "Adaptive QoS". Click "Custom" and rearrange the items (I have VoIP first then Gaming then the rest as defaulted). Click Save.

When coming back to the QoS configuration page, the "QoS Type" setting is now set to "Bandwidth Limiter" and shows the Queue Discipline and WAN packet settings.

Not sure if this is expected behavior but it doesn't seem right.

Didn't have IPv6 issues with 380.59, don't have any with 380.60 alpha 3. My ISP supplies a /56 prefix. All my devices use IPv6 except my PS3 and my Roku 4 (PS3 is just too old, Roku they don't support it in their OS).

Just wanted to chime in and say that for me there are no problems with native IPv6. I had none before but can confirm i have no with alpha3 too. Overall imo its a really stable and solid build. Very good uptime with stable performance.

Are the files anywhere else? Mediafire is SLOW for some reason

EDIT: Estimated download time 4 hours...for a 43MB file. Haha

Last edited:
Up and running with Merlins 380.60 alpha 3 on my 88u. Before the IPv6 was hit and miss. If the router was freshly rebooted, maybe my Comcast would have a good IPv6 connection. Now, it's been stable so far this afternoon. I have to say the throughput speed seems a bit faster. Well done.

We'd need to know which router you're talking about, they all use different drivers.

RT-AC3200
plus, like i said in the other post.. i get weird web pages load issues.
sometimes they just take forever to open. and if i cancel the request, and refresh the page.. it opens immediately .

Is this a know bug?

AC68U / 380.60 Alpha 3 / factory reseted.

When trying to specify paths to UPNP Server it wont render the folder structure from my USB disk.

Thanks. Issue introduced by Asus in 380_3459, fixed.

RT-AC3200
plus, like i said in the other post.. i get weird web pages load issues.
sometimes they just take forever to open. and if i cancel the request, and refresh the page.. it opens immediately .

Asus forgot to include the wireless driver for the RT-AC3200. If your issue are specific to wifi, then it means we have to wait for them to release the missing driver. Nothing more that I can do.

Lots of different issues caused by Safari. Avoid it, and switch to a better compliant browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Thanks @RMerlin, TBH I'd avoided using Safari on my personal desktop for years but switched from Chrome as in my experience it had become a resource hog with no visible benefit.

Asus forgot to include the wireless driver for the RT-AC3200. If your issue are specific to wifi, then it means we have to wait for them to release the missing driver. Nothing more that I can do.

The web pages issue is by wired conmunication as well.
On every computer i have.

Whats the difference between previous firmware versions drivers ?
Because everything worked well before.

380.59 didn't have many wifi issues with my iMac. Since using Alpha 2 and Alpha 3, when my iMac wakes from sleep (2015 iMac el captain) it shows connected to my 5ghz wifi, however nothing loads. Forced to turn off and on the wifi again. As nothing has changed on the computer end, can only credit it to something in the FW coding....
Maybe @sfx2000 has some insight since he's a mac guy who runs Merlins FW.

Last edited:
The web pages issue is by wired conmunication as well.
On every computer i have.

Whats the difference between previous firmware versions drivers ?
Because everything worked well before.

As I said, 380.60's AC3200 is the same driver was used in 380.59.

Having a problem configuring QoS on my AC5300 on 380.60-A3.

To reproduce, click on the Adaptive QoS page, then the QoS tab. Enable QoS and select "Adaptive QoS". Click "Custom" and rearrange the items (I have VoIP first then Gaming then the rest as defaulted). Click Save.

When coming back to the QoS configuration page, the "QoS Type" setting is now set to "Bandwidth Limiter" and shows the Queue Discipline and WAN packet settings.

Not sure if this is expected behavior but it doesn't seem right.

Works for me. Try a different browser, possibly clearing your cache as well.

Since upgrading to the Alpha release of .60 I've been looking into setting up QoS but have noted that on Mac Safari (9.1.2) the QoS Configuration dropdown (priorities & rules) is not present, when changing over to Chrome (52) though it is present.

Anyone else noted this on Mac Safari?

I use Safari and I don't see the problem. Safari actually gives me the least problems of all the browsers with the router.

Browser cache maybe? Or you could try out the Safari Technical Preview?

Sent from my  iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Safari and I don't see the problem. Safari actually gives me the least problems of all the browsers with the router.

Browser cache maybe? Or you could try out the Safari Technical Preview?

Sent from my  iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd already tried in a Private Window which should load without Cache or Cookies, will give the Technical Preview a spin :)

Just checking to make sure. There's no new alpha yet including this fix right?

Fix was commited 17 hours ago, and the alpha 3 build was released last weekend. You would have to compile your own build.

Updated to Alpha3 on RT-AC68U and Just like 380.59, force as master browser and SAMBA do not work. It last worked in 380.58

Updated to Alpha3 on RT-AC68U and Just like 380.59, force as master browser and SAMBA do not work. It last worked in 380.58

Works for me.

Code:
merlin@mint-dev ~ $ nmblookup -M HOMEREALM
querying HOMEREALM on 192.168.10.255
192.168.10.1 HOMEREALM<1d>

Make sure you have correctly configured your workgroup, and you don't have something else on your network winning the election.

Works for me.

Code:
merlin@mint-dev ~ $ nmblookup -M HOMEREALM
querying HOMEREALM on 192.168.10.255
192.168.10.1 HOMEREALM<1d>

Make sure you have correctly configured your workgroup, and you don't have something else on your network winning the election.
Workgroup is correctly configured and I have removed every device off the network except for a laptop which I have disabled in registry to prevent it from participating in browser election. It worked fine in version 380.58 but any version after that including the alpha ones, it does not work. I also did factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk