What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32738

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Squall Leonhart

Regular Contributor
Version 3.0.0.4.384.32738
2018/08/15
42.54 MBytes

AiMesh new features
- Supported creating mesh system with new router, BlueCave.
- Added Roaming block list in Advanced Settings --> Wireless.
You can add devices into block list and this device will not be roamed between AiMesh nodes.
- Supported ethernet onboarding. User can use ethernet cable.
You can use ethernet cable to connect AiMesh router LAN port and AiMesh node WAN port first and run the adding node process to build the mesh system.
Security fixes.
- Fixed Reflected XSS vulnerability.
- Fixed CSRF vulnerability.
- Fixed command injection vulnerability.
- Fixed stack buffer overflow vulnerability.
Thanks for Rick Ramgattie contribution.
Fixed USB hard drive over 2TB compatibility issues.
Fixed Samba/FTP folder permission issues.
Added USB3.0/2.0 mode switch setting in Administration --> System --> USB Settings.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 665734b95c47f43c53804ca0c574013f
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_300438432738.ZIP

Version 3.0.0.4.384.32738
2018/08/15
42.54 MBytes

AiMesh new features
- Supported creating mesh system with new router, BlueCave.
- Added Roaming block list in Advanced Settings --> Wireless.
You can add devices into block list and this device will not be roamed between AiMesh nodes.
- Supported ethernet onboarding. User can use ethernet cable.
You can use ethernet cable to connect AiMesh router LAN port and AiMesh node WAN port first and run the adding node process to build the mesh system.
Security fixes.
- Fixed Reflected XSS vulnerability.
- Fixed CSRF vulnerability.
- Fixed command injection vulnerability.
- Fixed stack buffer overflow vulnerability.
Thanks for Rick Ramgattie contribution.
Fixed USB hard drive over 2TB compatibility issues.
Fixed Samba/FTP folder permission issues.
Added USB3.0/2.0 mode switch setting in Administration --> System --> USB Settings.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 665734b95c47f43c53804ca0c574013f
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_300438432738.ZIP

Looks good, however still no Guest Wifi network support between nodes...
For my needs this is the biggest lack.

same to me ...

AND Smart Connect if someone got a parent router with this option to have it on nodes without it too.

I doubt you'll see it any time soon. To many technical hurdles with the existing ASUSWRT framework to enforce isolation with the other traffic.
As a workaround, I bought a cheap ($20) TP-Link range extender and configured it to repeat a Guest SSID to remote parts of my home. It works really well for my needs. My goal was supporting IoT devices that I don't trust on my regular wifi LAN. All I need is 2.4Ghz and moderate bandwidth, so bought the N300 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0195Y0A42/?tag=snbforums-20

I doubt you'll see it any time soon. To many technical hurdles with the existing ASUSWRT framework to enforce isolation with the other traffic.
As a workaround, I bought a cheap ($20) TP-Link range extender and configured it to repeat a Guest SSID to remote parts of my home. It works really well for my needs. My goal was supporting IoT devices that I don't trust on my regular wifi LAN. All I need is 2.4Ghz and moderate bandwidth, so bought the N300 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0195Y0A42/?tag=snbforums-20

Until a few time ago I used Tomato on both in order to get guest network working on both routers,
plus guest ethernet ports too. Surely more advanced, but it needed a much more complicated setup.
AiMesh would be super compared to it.

Until a few time ago I used Tomato on both in order to get guest network working on both routers,
plus guest ethernet ports too. Surely more advanced, but it needed a much more complicated setup.
AiMesh would be super compared to it.
Oh, with ASUS firmware you can just set-up as an AP instead of AiMesh node and configure Guests on all components but there is no traffic isolation on the APs. For example, using a Guest login (SSID) through an AP you can log-in to the router's web gui, or access anything else on your LAN. Some may want that but it violates a major feature of having Guest logins. It is only with AiMesh that ASUS made the right decision (security wise) to not propagate Guest SSIDs to nodes.

Installed on my AC68U rev B1. Everything I use is working fine. I just wish https admin for the router would load faster. It is so slow.

Same for me!

i loaded this up about a week ago and have noticed that my Android drops wifi intermittently every 10 mins or so. i use a 3100 as a main router and two 68u nodes. Going to go back to the last firmware and see if it fixes my problem.

Does anyone have some information on Roaming Block List?

I’d like to understand how it’s intended to behave. I personally would like to lock a doorbell to satellite node as the doorbell can see primary node too and last I tried AiMesh it kept hanging onto weaker primary node?

Per client to disable Roaming Assistant.

Last edited:
I have 2 x AC68Us connecting via wireless for AiMesh. I realised that everything when there is a new firmware releases, the AiMesh connectivity is good and in fact this new firmware it is the most stable one.

However, things start to change after 1-2 days of usages where the clients will be kicked out every few minutes to few hours (not fix timing or patterns) and not able to connect back to the node till x no of minutes later (for the much older firmware, you probably got to reboot the node for the client to reconnect). No issue on the router side. Rebooting the router and node do help a bit but very soon, the problem will come back again.

I did tried to remove the node, re-initialize the router and node and even change the router to become a node and vice versa. The same problem will surface. I disabled explicit beamforming etc as mentioned in the older threads but yet no stability after 1-2 days of usage.

I guess I'm going back to use my TP-Link Wifi Repeater which is much much more stable (almost zero disconnection) instead of AiMesh. Perhaps AC68U is too old n slow.

I have 2 x AC68Us connecting via wireless for AiMesh. I realised that everything when there is a new firmware releases, the AiMesh connectivity is good and in fact this new firmware it is the most stable one.

However, things start to change after 1-2 days of usages where the clients will be kicked out every few minutes to few hours (not fix timing or patterns) and not able to connect back to the node till x no of minutes later (for the much older firmware, you probably got to reboot the node for the client to reconnect). No issue on the router side. Rebooting the router and node do help a bit but very soon, the problem will come back again.

I did tried to remove the node, re-initialize the router and node and even change the router to become a node and vice versa. The same problem will surface. I disabled explicit beamforming etc as mentioned in the older threads but yet no stability after 1-2 days of usage.

I guess I'm going back to use my TP-Link Wifi Repeater which is much much more stable (almost zero disconnection) instead of AiMesh. Perhaps AC68U is too old n slow.

When you met, could you send feedback with system log, wifi log by Administration -> Feedback?

"AiMesh new features
You can use ethernet cable to connect AiMesh router LAN port and AiMesh node WAN port first and run the adding node process to build the mesh system."

Just to clarify. Right now I have 2 RT-AC68U that are in AP mode and not AiMesh.

Is this saying if (1) they have most recent FW and (2) are connected from LAN port on first AC68U to WAN port of second AC68U then all I have to do is run adding node? Am I missing some steps or is it that simple.

Please note I've been know to have Senior's Moments.

"AiMesh new features
You can use ethernet cable to connect AiMesh router LAN port and AiMesh node WAN port first and run the adding node process to build the mesh system."

Just to clarify. Right now I have 2 RT-AC68U that are in AP mode and not AiMesh.

Is this saying if (1) they have most recent FW and (2) are connected from LAN port on first AC68U to WAN port of second AC68U then all I have to do is run adding node? Am I missing some steps or is it that simple.

Please note I've been know to have Senior's Moments.

Yes. It means that when building an AiMesh with wired backhauls, router LAN to node WAN, you can add the node to the AiMesh without having to temporarily relocate the node to be very near the router. Saves having to haul wired nodes around.

OE

Yes. It means that when building an AiMesh with wired backhauls, router LAN to node WAN, you can add the node to the AiMesh without having to temporarily relocate the node to be very near the router. Saves having to haul wired nodes around.

OE

Thanks, it just looked too good to be true.

When using feedback function it will send by default, but for me feedback function in this firmware not work. (86u)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!