What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Dark Knight Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
installed .114, thanks for the file.
Seems like HDCP reserve clients not working 100% for me, it cleared the clients i had, and now not it's populated on drop down menu, i may factory reset and flash again. Haven't seen anything different . Oh yeah, still can't detect clients on main screen either (maybe related bug to above)

I'm gonna be the skeptic and ask for a source for this firmware. How do you guys know this firmware originated from ASUS? They've only released the source for .112 and haven't even officially compiled that and released it as a true firmware update. I would strongly caution anybody from using this .114 or anything that's higher than .108 at this point.

I'm gonna be the skeptic and ask for a source for this firmware. How do you guys know this firmware originated from ASUS? They've only released the source for .112 and haven't even officially compiled that and released it as a true firmware update. I would strongly caution anybody from using this .114 or anything that's higher than .108 at this point.

Hi i got the firmware from asus support directly. But it is a beta firmware. And not a final firmware.

installed .114, thanks for the file.
Seems like HDCP reserve clients not working 100% for me, it cleared the clients i had, and now not it's populated on drop down menu, i may factory reset and flash again. Haven't seen anything different . Oh yeah, still can't detect clients on main screen either (maybe related bug to above)

Any new things/bugs with 114?

Any new things/bugs with 114?

I've found that the "Verizon Network Extender with 3G" doesn't work with .114 Beta.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with .108, either, and my iPhone really needs it. First problem with .108 firmware that has really affected me.

So, I've unhappily had to go back to .102 firmware, and told Asus about it.

Anyone had issues with Port forwarding not working on this router? I apply it and it doesn't stick my settings! I would like to get my FTP up again. :/ I have version 108 firmware.

Anyone had issues with Port forwarding not working on this router? I apply it and it doesn't stick my settings! I would like to get my FTP up again. :/ I have version 108 firmware.

Working for me... You tried a hard reset just to clear things up?

Okay, I reset it and it still is not working. I manually entered the ports.

Enabled Port Forwarding
Famous Server List and tried manually entering it
Used 22 port range
Local IP to the local IP of that machine
Local port 22
Both for Protocol.

And it never shows up after I apply. :/ Log shows nothing.

Okay, I reset it and it still is not working. I manually entered the ports.

Enabled Port Forwarding
Famous Server List and tried manually entering it
Used 22 port range
Local IP to the local IP of that machine
Local port 22
Both for Protocol.

And it never shows up after I apply. :/ Log shows nothing.
I don't think you need to enter the local port if it isn't different.

Status
Not open for further replies.