What's new

Need help with my Asus RT-AC87R installing Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ern1911

New Around Here
I have an ASUS RT -AC87R router running 3.0.0.4.380_3459 firmware I am trying to flash MERLIN RT-AC87U_380.59_0 firmware to the router and keep getting an error. Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.
I can re-flash the original firmware fine but when I try to flash the MERLIN firmware I get that error above.
Tried different browsers- on off computer- on off router. I'm hard wired to the router - tried tuning all firewalls off even tried the beta MERLIN firmware -Reset router to factory default still same error.
Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm looking to run IP-Vanish VPN on the router.
Thanks, Ern

I have an ASUS RT -AC87R router running 3.0.0.4.380_3459 firmware I am trying to flash MERLIN RT-AC87U_380.59_0 firmware to the router and keep getting an error. Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.
I can re-flash the original firmware fine but when I try to flash the MERLIN firmware I get that error above.
Tried different browsers- on off computer- on off router. I'm hard wired to the router - tried tuning all firewalls off even tried the beta MERLIN firmware -Reset router to factory default still same error.
Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm looking to run IP-Vanish VPN on the router.
Thanks, Ern
The problem is the new firmware from ASUS that wont allow any previous versions.
This is due to Asus changing the firmware verification system due to legal requirements.
more reading here
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/im...le-with-asus-3-0-0-4-380_3000-or-newer.32962/

Thanks for the response
I'm going to wait for a newer Merlin release to update the Asus router - I see he has alpha releases with no support - but
I think I'll wait for an official release.
Thanks, Ern