What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9177

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

traffic analyzer is still have bug:
first enter in ta and we see some traffic
tabug_3-png.4573

now i changing the date to the same date, and traffic is gone.... why ???
tabug_5-png.4575
That's really strange, I don't have that... I tried whatever I could to simulate what you have, but I couldn't. The traffic Analyzer seems to be working now, but I'll keep testing it.

5Ghz beamforming does, indeed, seem, at least for a few hours, to be working :). 5 hours connection time on multiple devices. If we can fix the iPad Air problem and I think I'll be happy.

That's really strange, I don't have that... I tried whatever I could to simulate what you have, but I couldn't. The traffic Analyzer seems to be working now, but I'll keep testing it.
Teymur - That is odd behavior, however, i'm not seeing the issue you are having, the traffic analyzer seems to be working fine for me.

this router is crazy...i think that is time problem....
i set date to tomorrow, and i see lost traffic ???
tabug_6-png.4576

my timezone is gmt+1 (poland), and router show correct date and time
tabug_7-png.4577

so why i have traffic from future ??

Attachments

• tabug_6.png
    tabug_6.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 686
  • tabug_7.png
    tabug_7.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
this router is crazy...i think that is time problem....
i set date to tomorrow, and i see lost traffic ???
tabug_6-png.4576

my timezone is gmt+1 (poland), and router show correct date and time

so why i have traffic from future ??

Read the label: it says "Last date", not "Current date". That graphic shows the TOTAL of all traffic on each hour, up to the date you select at the top. So if every day you download 100 MB between 20h and 22h, then you will see the total of all three days on that graphic - it will report 300 MB.

Can anyone verify if the Android 5 ghz drain bug is fixed?

CC

Can anyone verify if the Android 5 ghz drain bug is fixed?

CC
It is [emoji6] (present lol)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

BUG

Using an RT-AC68U as an access point and cannot see any clients that are connected to the access point in my RT-AC87U's "Client Status" window. As a result you cannot manage them in QoS. The problem as far as I can tell started from the very first beta after .5134 and seems to have made its way into this official build. I should have pointed out the access points clients are successfully getting DHCP assigned IPs from the 87U and can access the web. I can even see them in the DHCP log on the 87U. Just cannot see them in "Client Status"

I have 2 RT-AC87U's I updated the firmware on both and reset the router. After about 5 minutes the GUI stops responding, but internet still works and I'm able to telnet into the routers. I reboot them both, 5 minutes later same thing happens. I go to the GUI, it takes me to the login page, enter my info and goes to a blank screen. Thinking that the file was bad I downloaded the firmware again and started over fresh, same thing happens. Anyone else having this issue? I contacted Asus support and they asked why would you update the firmware lol. My response was why publish firmware if you don't want users updating their hardware. I was connected to a "2nd" level tech and he said the firmware was going to get pulled, don't know how true that is but I figured I would share.

This is not normal. This firmware, which seems close to identical to 9110, looks very good. You don't say what you are doing with your 2 ac87s, but I have 1 acting as router and one as AP, connected to it, and both are working very well. That has been true of this and 9110 for pretty much all that have used it. You don't say what upgrade process you used, but for this, which is a major change including new Quantenna firmware, you must hard reset AFTER upgrade (and, if you want to be doubly sure before too) AND you must set up again manually from scratch, not by reloading any settings.

I have 2 RT-AC87U's I updated the firmware on both and reset the router. After about 5 minutes the GUI stops responding, but internet still works and I'm able to telnet into the routers. I reboot them both, 5 minutes later same thing happens. I go to the GUI, it takes me to the login page, enter my info and goes to a blank screen. Thinking that the file was bad I downloaded the firmware again and started over fresh, same thing happens. Anyone else having this issue? I contacted Asus support and they asked why would you update the firmware lol. My response was why publish firmware if you don't want users updating their hardware. I was connected to a "2nd" level tech and he said the firmware was going to get pulled, don't know how true that is but I figured I would share.
i also have 2 87u and have no problem with gui

5Ghz beamforming does, indeed, seem, at least for a few hours, to be working :). 5 hours connection time on multiple devices. If we can fix the iPad Air problem and I think I'll be happy.
Jong, this iPad Air 2 drives me nuts. It disconnects from iPhone 6's hotspot, 2.4 Ghz band - not only on Asus routers on the others as well, I got Zyxel 2.4 Ghz and it still disconnects. Not to mention 5 Ghz. Apple needs to fix this shirt.

Read the label: it says "Last date", not "Current date". That graphic shows the TOTAL of all traffic on each hour, up to the date you select at the top. So if every day you download 100 MB between 20h and 22h, then you will see the total of all three days on that graphic - it will report 300 MB.
ok, so how i can check traffic from specific day ?

This is not normal. This firmware, which seems close to identical to 9110, looks very good. You don't say what you are doing with your 2 ac87s, but I have 1 acting as router and one as AP, connected to it, and both are working very well. That has been true of this and 9110 for pretty much all that have used it. You don't say what upgrade process you used, but for this, which is a major change including new Quantenna firmware, you must hard reset AFTER upgrade (and, if you want to be doubly sure before too) AND you must set up again manually from scratch, not by reloading any settings.
I reset both of them each time, I always do when I update the firmware. I updated the firmware using the GUI 1 is acting as a router the other is AP. I didn't reload any settings I was setting everything up from scratch when the GUI stopped responding

17 hours now and all is good on multiple generations of iDevice and laptop with ac7260 chip. All 2.4Ghz devices working well with beamforming on too, but that has been true forever. The log also looks completely clean, apart from my iPad Air continually requesting IP addresses :rolleyes:. I managed to get rid of the mDNSresponder errors even before upgrading.
I reset both of them each time, I always do when I update the firmware. I updated the firmware using the GUI 1 is acting as a router the other is AP. I didn't reload any settings I was setting everything up from scratch when the GUI stopped responding
How did you reset? I now always use this method:

- Press and hold WPS button on the back
- Turn on power/insert power cord
- Wait up to 20 secs until the power LED starts to rapidly blink before releasing the WPS button.

Note: That last bit is important. Don't wait 5 secs or 10 secs (or even 20!), or any other approximate time you may have heard. Wait until the light blinks rapidly.

I had my own share of bad resets in the past before settling on this method.

Last edited:
Jong, this iPad Air 2 drives me nuts. It disconnects from iPhone 6's hotspot, 2.4 Ghz band - not only on Asus routers on the others as well, I got Zyxel 2.4 Ghz and it still disconnects. Not to mention 5 Ghz. Apple needs to fix this shirt.
You may well be right. I did look pretty hard to find reports of problems elsewhere and I couldn't find them, so I figured it must be causing particular problems for the ac87. Do you have any links? I'd like to add my weight to any Apple thread on this.

ps. mine seems fine on 2.4Ghz. Once it settles there it seems to stay connected.

17 hours now and all is good on multiple generations of iDevice and laptop with ac7260 chip. All 2.4Ghz devices working well with beamforming on too, but that has been true forever.

The log also looks completely clean, apart from my iPad Air continually requesting IP addresses :rolleyes:. I managed to get rid of the mDNSresponder errors even before upgrading.
How did you reset? I now always use this method:

- Press and hold WPS button on the back
- Turn on power/insert power cord
- Wait up to 20 secs until the power LED starts to rapidly blink before releasing the WPS button.

Note: That last bit is important. Don't wait 5 secs or 10 secs, or any other approximate time you may have heard. Wait until the light blinks rapidly.
I press and hold the reset button on the back for 10 seconds

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!