What's new

RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9529

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Advis

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9529

Bug fixes
- Fixed Multicast issue when WAN is PPPoE/ PPTP/ L2TP
- Fixed IPTV GUI issue
- Fixed two guest networks had same mac address problem.
- Fixed view list in network map cannot be closed.
- Fixed network map device icon issue
- Fixed client cannot get new IP when changed router IP and subnet mask.
- Fixed wrong notification when using quick internet setup wizard in static IP environment.
- Fixed wrong notification when client was blocked by Time scheduling.
- Fixed ASUS Router App related issues.
- Fixed DNS response error issue.

Download: Click Here

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9529

Bug fixes
- Fixed Multicast issue when WAN is PPPoE/ PPTP/ L2TP
- Fixed IPTV GUI issue
- Fixed two guest networks had same mac address problem.
- Fixed network map device icon issue
- Fixed client cannot get new IP when changed router IP and subnet mask.
- Fixed wrong notification when using quick internet setup wizard in static IP environment.
- Fixed wrong notification when client was blocked by Time scheduling.
- Fixed ASUS Router App related issues.
- Fixed DNS response error issue.
I'm guessing this doesn't have the new 5Ghz SDK driver?

IMO this relase notes is form not this version. eg.
this bug not exist in 9460

After three months, only to fix this? I don't know what to do in asus! But let's use the stable machine!

This really is not much of an update. 5Ghz SDK is the most awaited updated. Hope they come out with that soon

I'm guessing this doesn't have the new 5Ghz SDK driver?
Nope, they are still testing that... I think they are going to bring it on the .380 firm series they are testing

What's the deal with the 'fixed DNS response error issue'. I didn't even realise that there was an issue with DNS responses until I got this firmware installed. I thought things were taking a while to resolve.

Have you tried this firmware version? Reviews so far?
What's the deal with the 'fixed DNS response error issue'. I didn't even realise that there was an issue with DNS responses until I got this firmware installed. I thought things were taking a while to resolve.

I'm most excited about this fix. I'm not exactly sure it will solve my problem, but it seems likely.

Whenever I wake up in the morning and use my Galaxy S6 on 2.4GHz, it'll load 1 or 2 web pages before completely losing DNS. I have to reset Wifi or swap to 5GHz to solve the issue. 5GHz never seemed to have the issue, only 2.4GHz.

Have you tried this firmware version? Reviews so far?

Mostly good but had an incident last night where traffic just stopped and web gui was unresponsive. Came back after about a minute. I have seen this happen on previous version of the firmware though.

I'm most excited about this fix. I'm not exactly sure it will solve my problem, but it seems likely.

Whenever I wake up in the morning and use my Galaxy S6 on 2.4GHz, it'll load 1 or 2 web pages before completely losing DNS. I have to reset Wifi or swap to 5GHz to solve the issue. 5GHz never seemed to have the issue, only 2.4GHz.

This. Same was happening to me. I had the router on reboot every day at 0300 to mitigate.

Ha ha, after 3 months, asus release this firmware without resolution for 5GHz issue? I don't know what to say..

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

So can you see any difference in DNS response with this firmware, does it give a snappier response or is the resolved issue just cosmetics?

Unfortunately, I have the same issue with 3.0.0.4.378_9529 firmware as I experienced beginning with 3.0.0.4.378_9460. This problem wasn’t present in Firmware Release 3.0.0.4.378_9383 or earlier. I’ve observed this problem on both of my Windows 10 home computers (one wired & one wireless 5GHz connections).

The problem that I observed is after updating my router to either the 9460 or 9529 firmware and powering on my two Western Digital 1TB MyBookLive NAS drives (connected to LAN ports 2 & 3 of the router); when I launch Windows 10 File Explorer and click on Network; each computer initially shows the two Western Digital NAS Drives under the Storage Category, then both start vanishing and reappearing a few times and then disappear completely, never to return. As mentioned, both drives are on wired connections directly to the router, not through a switch. And, it wasn’t just observed with File Explorer; my Western Digital Backup Software (WD SmartWare) intermittently showed both drives and then stopped showing them. Windows 10 continues to show both MyBookLive Drives as computers, but not as either Storage Devices or Media Devices (I have one MyBookLive Drive setup as a DLNA Server).

As with 9460, I flashed back to Merlin’s 380_57 firmware and the problem goes away and I can once again use my backup software.

Mostly good but had an incident last night where traffic just stopped and web gui was unresponsive. Came back after about a minute. I have seen this happen on previous version of the firmware though.

This. Same was happening to me. I had the router on reboot every day at 0300 to mitigate.

Maybe you should get yourself a WiFi Reset Plug :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So can you see any difference in DNS response with this firmware, does it give a snappier response or is the resolved issue just cosmetics?

Previous firmware I began noticing that some websites took a while to begin loading or would fail on first request which to me spells DNS error. This firmware I don't seem to have such issues.

Maybe you should get yourself a WiFi Reset Plug :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If ASUS wants to provide one they are more than welcome to do so.

Previous firmware I began noticing that some websites took a while to begin loading or would fail on first request which to me spells DNS error. This firmware I don't seem to have such issues.

If ASUS wants to provide one they are more than welcome to do so.
I often get the feeling I have to click twice on links to web pages to get a decent response, one click sometimes takes a long time to work.
Perhaps I'm just to much in a hurry..

I shouldn't give up.. I'm sure that Asus planing to resolve all issues in near future.. By near future I mean up to 2020.. Haha

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!