What's new

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_5556-Unofficial Beta Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poor_poor

Regular Contributor
New firmware found at Hardwarezone.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/93839023-post3368.html

Dear all,

I will be releasing another beta firmware for RT-AC87U. This firmware contains a lot of fix bugs and improvement.

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_5556-Unofficial Beta Firmware
------------------------------------------------------
Update dnsmasq to v2.73rc4-1
Update to brcm sdk 6.37.14.105
Update support Territory code
Update [IPTV] Add Meo profile for RT-AC87U
Update User interface
Fix GUI bug
Fix 5G WPS pincode 12345670 issue
Fix NAT loopback issue
Fix [dualwan] disable 3rd 5G guest network and wan2 used its mac address
Fix dead loop message only for vlanX case
Fix Traffic Monitor can not display correctly on Wired traffic
Fix [Adaptive QoS] WAN is DHCP Traffic Monitor can not display the WAN Download / Upload flow correctly
Fix [Adaptive QoS] [Traffic Monitor issue] Traffic Monitor "Wired" is not displayed correctly flow (WAN, wireless normal)
Fix [Traffic Monitor] Traffic Monitor without any display.
Fix [Administration] Save Profile check Transfer ASUS DDNS name leads to abnormal profiles
Fix [Wireless] happened some time after power 5GHz disappearance could not connect
Fix [Administration] in the presence of some settings can not successfully update the firmware

Important Notice:
Require hard reset.
Do not restore configure settings due to driver update.

Download: http://goo.gl/ZQByAz

Please feedback to me.

Best regard,
JK

Ok, so far I've found 2 things that bothers me.
-Time to Apply each settings takes forever... in comparison with previous releases
-DDNS not working (I use ASUS.COM DDNS), it's giving an error when trying to register my domain
dGLJi9Q.png

Or the message "Unable to Connect to the Internet"

Last edited:
Have you read that part?

Important Notice:
Require hard reset.

Have you read that part?

Important Notice:
Require hard reset.

Yep, I did a hard reset using the button on the back and reconfigure everything manually. I do that on each firmware release (even when it's not required)

Then you are right about it, they goofed it.

It would be great if someon can test it too

Replied through TapaTalk

I dont use ASUS DDNS.

After I logon to the router to view and change the settings - after a few minutes if I attempt to change any setting the process just hangs on the spinning wheel and 'applying changes ' dialogue box and no changes are applied. Anybody else having similar issues. Yes , I did do a reset - twice ( both the 5 sec reset button method and the 15 sec WPS button with power up method) .

Wim7vs, my router is taking longer ti apply settings, when on previous versions was really fast. But it does not hang.

Hggomes, yes... they gave me that answer. I'll try again a new hard reset and see what happens. Ill update this post in a couple of minutes
UPDATE: So far I'm unable to ping nwsrv-ns1.asus.com:80

May 14 11:18:41 rc_service: httpd 447:notify_rc restart_ddns
May 14 11:18:42 ddns update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
May 14 11:19:27 ddns update: error connecting to nwsrv-ns1.asus.com:80
May 14 11:19:27 ddns update: asusddns_update: 1

I'm suspecting they changed the ASUS DDNS server and applied some area restriction, cause I'm unable to ping it and with previous firmware I can register my alias without issues at all.

UPDATE 2: Solved, for some reason now I'm able to reach it.

Replied through TapaTalk

Last edited:
After I logon to the router to view and change the settings - after a few minutes if I attempt to change any setting the process just hangs on the spinning wheel and 'applying changes ' dialogue box and no changes are applied. Anybody else having similar issues. Yes , I did do a reset - twice ( both the 5 sec reset button method and the 15 sec WPS button with power up method) .

Bud after reapplying the firmware because I was troubleshooting the DDNS issue, I've noticed that the lag was solved. try that.

Another beta? Been waiting for the final official release and we get this.
I was expecting the same, but at least is something. Pretty stable so far

Replied through TapaTalk

After attempting to switch on the traffic analyzer (http://10.0.0.1/TrafficAnalyzer_Statistic.asp) , I cannot change any other settings. Any body else experience this ?

That can happen if the JFFS partition is disabled, which could be the case if you came from a third party firmware and failed to do the required factory default reset.

Over Telnet/SSH:

Code:
nvram set jffs2_on=1
nvram commit
reboot

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!