What's new

RT-N66U - Erratic Wireless Performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The router is in the office on the 1st floor on one side of the house. The bedroom is opposite side of the house
If I had to guess maybe 40-50 diagonal feet

How do you guys have your antennas postioned in 2-3 story house with router on lowest floor ?
Mine is \ | /

I have a two-story house as well, and get good coverage. And my router is in the back of my house. I'm using the router stand, and have the antennas as recommended (45 degrees on the two outer ones, vertical for the inside one), and point the body of the router on an angle so the front side (broadside) is facing towards the front of my house. That's about a 45 degree or so angle towards the front of my house. Got there by experimenting with inSSIDer in the places where I use my laptop.

You are 100% Correct there RogerSC
I was able to get another RT-N66u from a Coworker that purchased it but not yet installed. Installed it last night, upgraded from .90 to .180 and 5ghz worked beautifully in my bedroom. I am getting from 120-200 Mbps. I had 2 laptops and 1 ipad 3 all on 5ghz
one on Vpn and 2 stream HD 720 video from Youtube flawlessly even buffers forward well ahead of playback

Nice to finally see the results everyone and Cnet is raving about
Time to RMA the bad unit

Cheers and Good Luck to All