What's new

[Test builds] 380.58 alpha builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I know. I have the app, it's been out for quite a while. I meant why do they only advertise the Android version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably because they only build Android phones, and the vast majority of smartphones are Android.

Hi,

Grab the latest build for RT-AC88U (alpha4-gc3eb6a4)

Link deleted

I'm running it and so far no problems for my use.

Thanks to RMerlin :)

Last edited:
Hi, is there a way to use the default login/password?

No. And after all the flak Asus is getting whenever they allow the users to do something that unsafe, it's not going to change. In fact, their newer firmware releases will even forbid the use of silly passwords such as "passwords" or "123456".

Installed 380.58_alpha4-gc3eb6a4 on my RT-AC56U, seems to work just fine, using it in the normal Wireless Router mode, IPv6 works fine, Traditional QoS works fine with IPv6 rules generated for it too. Did not try the DPI engine as lately it does not cover my needs and my WAN speed is such that CTF/DPI are not necessary. All LEDs also work fine. Not using any AiCloud etc services, nor any VPNs so perhaps I am not the best tester ;).

Oh I'm sorry, I compiled my build myself. Not distributing it around though as I don't want to be responsible for possible problems in other people's routers.

This thread is about the latest MERLIN alpha release, not someone else who has done there own build. Can we keep this thread on topic to avoid confusion. :eek:

Merlin,
Glad to see your back. Hope your well. I created an account just to say thanks. Always enjoy your builds.

Welp! It looks like its locking up repeatedly after a few days on my rt-ac68p looks like i'm back to 56_2 as I had all kinds of port forwarding issues with 57

First I was getting spotty performance with the guest wireless ssid so I disabled them. Then two hours after a reboot complete lockup.

Last edited:
On my fourth day with the new 380-58 alpha3-gcf77301 on my AC-5300.
So far everything has been rock stable and I have top around 15 devices connected during peak hours.

Smart Connect, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Download Master and Astrill VPN applet enabled.

All big thanks to Merlin for the release.

On my fourth day with the new 380-58 alpha3-gcf77301 on my AC-5300.
So far everything has been rock stable and I have top around 15 devices connected during peak hours.

Smart Connect, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Download Master and Astrill VPN applet enabled.

All big thanks to Merlin for the release.

Same here on my 87U, very niiiice! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have uploaded updated builds (380-58 alpha3-gcf77301). Changelog:

Code:
2557876 wl: Downgraded RT-AC68U driver to  6.37.14.105 (r485445).  Tested functional with both rev. A1 and C1.
3a1c0c1 Revert "openvpn: Uniformize the use of  over backticks; ensure that the fw setup script gets overwritten rather than appen
I keep seeing this A1 and C1. Mine has B1 ! Anything special I should look for or avoid with updates?