What's new

Tp-link C5400 specs question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

christosjr1

New Around Here
Hello guys. I am looking to upgrade my wireless network, now I have as Asus n55u, cause my demand has gone to the roof. 2 smart tvs a ps4 pro two mobiles and a laptop. I wonder how much ram does the C5400 v2 has? I have seen reviews say 256 or 512 mb.
Do you know? Thanks in advance.

Such little devices on your network will have no issues running with either RAM. TP-Link website doesn't list the RAM specs unfortunately. I have had well over 50 devices on my network with both RAM sizes and had no issues.

Thanks a lot. I find both the C5400 v2 and the Asus gt rog ac5300 with 50€ difference. Which would it be best option in your opinion?

IMO I would go with Asus over TP-link. But in this case I would have to recommend the Netgear X4S R7800 which is a proven performer and alot cheaper than both of those routers.

What size and type home do you have? In my years of networking no single router can fully cover a large home. That's why I changed to a mesh system in the eero Pro Gen 2 and all dead spots went away.

Around 100m2 and the router is about 8 to 10 metres away from my ps4 and tv two walls in between. I cannot rearrange easily due to dsl modem location.
My current router asus n55u barely makes 18mbps to the ps4 of my 50mbps vdsl.

Well in that case you would have to get a router and see what you get. As routers act differently in different homes. There is no perfect router for any application.

Hello guys. I am looking to upgrade my wireless network, now I have as Asus n55u, cause my demand has gone to the roof. 2 smart tvs a ps4 pro two mobiles and a laptop. I wonder how much ram does the C5400 v2 has? I have seen reviews say 256 or 512 mb.
Do you know? Thanks in advance.
Although it doesn't matter. To answer the original question; both revisions (v1/v2) of the TP-LINK Archer C5400 have 256MB of RAM. Where have you seen claims of 512MB?

I assume that routerchart.com made those numbers up and wegotserved.com used the made-up numbers for its review. routerchart.com says, "The specifications above are based on the official data published by the manufacturer, but we also take user reviews into consideration." but I don't see RAM/Flash sizes published by TP-LINK anywhere for this model.

WikiDevi editors used the FCC internal photos of the device to identify the RAM chip in the device used for FCC certification as a 256 MB Hynix H5TQ2G63FFR-PBC. It is possible that production devices use a part from a different source but it's unlikely that the size would differ.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_Archer_C5400_v1.x
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_Archer_C5400_v2.x

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!