What's new

[ 3004.388.5 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that all of the changes currently included in 3004.388.5 are "pointless"? Then I guess I should just quit developing, and you should stick with the stock firmware since everything else I do is "pointless", all that matters is Asus' latest GPL code.

Obtaining, merging and testing a new GPL is a 6-8 weeks job. 388.4 was released back in August, I'm not going to delay 388.5 until February, there are plenty of worthwhile fixes and changes in the pipeline for 3004.388.5. That has always been my plan with 388.5.
Please continue developing and do not pay attention to the provocations of supporters of third-party router companies.

BTT???:
Another week without any incidents in the log...
Great alpha aversion!!!

A BIG thank you to you RMerlin!!!

Indeed great Alpha.
Only Logon bug thing.

Not sure what caused me 2 times PPPoE crashes, but, that works.
Had me reboot the router twice because of it.

Due to war around, flight route was changed so I can actually check the 160Mhz.
I thought it was for the Alpha, placebo indeed.
Anyway, no news is best news.
Very stable otherwise.

Perhaps you should have released this alpha as 388.4_2 instead. Where's the tipping point anyway?
There are major changes/new features with the rewrite of the Classification page implementation, that's why that goes into a major release. Minor point releases will only contain fixes and no functionality changes. Minor releasees must also be able to be released without going through a complete beta test cycle.

There are major changes/new features with the rewrite of the Classification page implementation, that's why that goes into a major release. Minor point releases will only contain fixes and no functionality changes. Minor releasees must also be able to be released without going through a complete beta test cycle.
Don´t listen to negative crap , I have been using your FW since the beginning , thanks for all the work you do , and for what ? you are not paid , just a few donations . Al I can say is thanks for 12 years of trouble free FW ,

don't stress. it's all good. not everybody knows what goes into a Merlin release. it's a big wide interweb. i know what goes into one. donation sent.

Last edited:
Since today I am a happy owner of the AX-RT88U Pro router. 🥳
I noticed that in the latest stock Asus firmware (3.0.0.6.102_21514) there is a Vlan page.

The latest release (3004.388.4) of Merlin does not have this yet.
2 questions:

Will the next firmware release (3004.388.5) also have these Vlan page options ?
can I export the config of my old AX-88U to the AX-88U Pro router, or is it better to re-configure everything?

Attachments

• vlan ax88u pro.jpg
    vlan ax88u pro.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 38
Will the next firmware release (3004.388.5) also have these Vlan page options ?
No. VLAN and SDN features are new to the 3.0.0.6 code branch, and Asuswrt-Merlin is based on 3.0.0.4.

or is it better to re-configure everything?
Reconfigure everything.

No. VLAN and SDN features are new to the 3.0.0.6 code branch, and Asuswrt-Merlin is based on 3.0.0.4.

Reconfigure everything.

VLAN and SDN features… drools. 🤤

Lol I run a segregated network using pfsense for those features; would be nice to have, but likely won’t hit my main router ever since it runs the older kernel (gt-ax11000) guessing the Pro versions can on stock. Oh well.. like other have said I’d rather have Asuswrt-Merlin installed and have the feature set you provide then stock firmware.

Last edited:
upgraded axe16000 to 388.5_a1
no issues found

Lol I run a segregated network using pfsense for those features would be nice to have

Seems like there is a catch Asuswrt style - no VLAN configuration pages in AP mode. Someone reported it recently. Not good for your pfSense.

Seems like there is a catch Asuswrt style - no VLAN configuration pages in AP mode. Someone reported it recently. Not good for your pfSense.

It’s fine in the way I have it configured. Asuswrt-Merlin deals with my wifi & mesh, firewall, and ad blocker. Mainly just IoT devices and phones. Pfsense deals with my 2.5/10 gigabit Lan where my servers, and home computers reside with VLAN. It’s double nat on pfsense, but my wifi devices don’t need to talk to my lan computers on my segregated network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!