What's new

[ 3004.388.6 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating my AX88U in AP mode with this new firmware was succesful up to the point when the AX88U restarted. No wireless and no access to the webinterface (with cable). Cleared all settings by holding WPS button and powering up. Router restarted fine and I had access (wizard). Changed it's function to AP and made the appropriate changes to the settings. It rebooted and the same problem occurred. Cleared settings again and made it a router. Did get wireless and access. Once again changed it's function to AP and that didn't work. Restored the previous firmware (5_0) and all is well again. Did anyone had the same problem with this new firmware when in AP mode?
Works for me. Look at your system log for hints as to what is happening with your setup.

Hi, alpha 388-6 work's great so far on the AX88U.
The only thing ist that the CPU Load Average (1, 5, 15 mins) not showing real states. Load is at 2.00 , 1.98, 1.88 or above even when the CPU is idle. This 3 values also change when the gui is refreshing.

USB 3 nvme is connected with diversion and 2 gig swap partition.

I see Ax88U is on the list.
Got too much work here for Christmas as it is, will wait this one for Beta to start testing.

Loaded up the alphas on the AX88 and both AX86 mesh nodes, this morning other than changing from Let's Encrypt to Auto and back again for the cert to refresh its been solid so far

How did you guys get the speedtest to work for you? Have Asus rt-ax86u and with newest alpha (12-24-2023) not working for me.

Thanks
It's only working on the new RT-AX88U build that was put out yesterday. Once the next wave of builds drop, should be fixed for the others.

How did you guys get the speedtest to work for you? Have Asus rt-ax86u and with newest alpha (12-24-2023) not working for me.

Thanks
Not working for me either on latest build 3004_388.6_alpha1-gb287d474ae for the AXE16000. Just sits on "testing" for about two minutes, then the following message, as per attached. No change in symptoms either, after power-cycling the router.
Otherwise everything working fine, including Add-Ons (note: Unbound & ntpMerlin only worked after code update from first Alpha, after a AXE16000 power cycle, which the code update did advise one to do).
1703639782097.png

1703639823573.png

Not working for me either on latest build 3004_388.6_alpha1-gb287d474ae for the AXE16000. Just sits on "testing" for about two minutes, then the following message, as per attached. No change in symptoms either, after power-cycling the router.
Otherwise everything working fine, including Add-Ons (note: Unbound & ntpMerlin only worked after code update from first Alpha, after a AXE16000 power cycle, which the code update did advise one to do).
View attachment 55128
View attachment 55129
No big deal. Speed test does not complete on Asus or Merlin 388.5 if you allow the auto selection of the test site. Manually select a site before running the test and it will complete. While I am not running the alpha release there should be no difference between the versions.

I see Ax88U is on the list.
Got too much work here for Christmas as it is, will wait this one for Beta to start testing.
I hope to see the GT-AX11000 (non pro) on the list soon!!!

Works for me. Look at your system log for hints as to what is happening with your setup.

Hi Eric,

I tried again. Clean install. AX88U does work in router mode, it does work as AImesh node but it does not work in AP mode. Both radios (2.4 and 5) do not initiate and the AX88U does not pop up in my network (also used the discovery tool from Asus). I can't acces the AX88U so I can't look at the log. Resetting and reverting back to 5_0 and all is fine. Could it be a hardware revision issue? I think mine is version 1.0.

Btw: this is the first time a have a real problem with your firmware from when I start using it way back on my first router from Asus, the rt-n66u. Chapeau, I do think that's quite an achievement and a lot of dedication and hard work.

Thanks and a happy new year,

Cor

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

I tried again. Clean install. AX88U does work in router mode, it does work as AImesh node but it does not work in AP mode. Both radios (2.4 and 5) do not initiate and the AX88U does not pop up in my network (also used the discovery tool from Asus). I can't acces the AX88U so I can't look at the log. Resetting and reverting back to 5_0 and all is fine. Could it be a hardware revision issue? I think mine is version 1.0.

Btw: this is the first time a have a real problem with your firmware from when I start using it way back on my first router from Asus, the rt-n66u. Chapeau, I do think that's quite an achievement and a lot of dedication and hard work.

Thanks and a happy new year,

Cor
I think the issue might be you are trying a version of firmware that is not quite complete. Looking @RMerlin 's changelog it looks like he might still be in the process of moving things around for that model, and testing. I'd hold off atleast until he has moved on to adding the next model's GPL or moved on to tasks not related to that model router, but either way- you have given good feedback.

Problem with the AX86U with the Alpah's: after the respective update of the last two Alpha's the router is no longer loaded cleanly. The interface can no longer be called up if you go to "Administration - System - Enable Access Restrictions". When switching off, the interface is loaded cleanly after switching off and everything works so far.

@AsusFreak
Can confirm! Same here! After choosing "Enable Access Restrictions" the router became unresponsive. I had to WPS reset my ax88u and restore my backups.
I don't know if this bug also existed in 388.5 because I hadn't used this feature yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!