What's new

378.51 & PSN Issues (AC87U)???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xbrico

New Around Here
Hello,

Since upgrading to x.51 FW from x.50, I have noticed a few strange things with PSN (apart from the norm). I have noticed within game, I freeze..party chat goes 1 way (I can hear them, they cant hear me) then I get a message advising I have left the party then get kicked out from game. I am not noticing any obvious WAN disconnection (mobile phone appears to have full connectivity) and no lag prior to kick.

I have tried factory reset, rebuilt config (nothing special - PPPoE settings, personalised DNS servers, manual DHCP assignment for a few devices, PS4 in DMZ [to try and rule any firewalling out], adaptive QoS) but to no avail. Has anyone else noticed issues with this?

I will try reverting later to x.50 to see if it remedies the problem but was hoping there is maybe an idea or 2 out there to resolve. Any chance it could be this 'NAT Acceleration' feature...I am running on a 20Mbit DSL line, is it really needed [strange thing, I tried disabling as a test and applied, looking back through my config it is back to Merlin mode again???]

Any help would be greatly appreciated (btw, am a cisco, juniper and brocade engieer...have a fair idea about networks and I have checked for all the obvious locally - REIN's and the like).