What's new

AI mesh guest network 1 issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fuechslein

Occasional Visitor
I'm am trying to use guest network 1 for all my IOT devices to have them seperated from the main network by setting"intranet access" to off. I also have the guest network 1 synced the my AI mesh nodes to get good coverage of my whole flat. Now I have the issue that the clients connected to guest network 1 that are on the same node can talk to each other but cannot communicate to devices on another node.

Is there any way I can make device 1 connected to mesh node 1 be able to talk to device 2 connected to mesh node 2 or is that just not possible? From the router directly I can talk to every device, no matter what node they are on.

What router are you talking about? What firmware? What model(s) are the nodes?

If you have set "intranet access" to "off", then no client on that guest SSID should be able to talk to other devices on neither the guest network or the main network. If you enable it, they will be able to do just that.

It sounds like you want to do something that is possible with YazFi, but sadly, YazFi doesn't work on Aimesh nodes. The guest network on the node will be unrestricted. If you want VLAN support, you have to get one of the new Pro models (AX86 Pro, for example), which the last time i heard still was suffering from the usual Asus firmware blues.

What router are you talking about? What firmware? What model(s) are the nodes?
GT-AX6000 as router and AX56U as node both on 388.6-beta1. I had them on 388.5_0 and 388.2_2 before and had the same issue.

If you have set "intranet access" to "off", then no client on that guest SSID should be able to talk to other devices on neither the guest network or the main network. If you enable it, they will be able to do just that.
It is set to off right now and the devices can definitely talk to each other. They cannot access main network though.
1705652867690.png

1705652716074.png

1705652800136.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!