What's new

380.57 problems with CTF and 2.4GHz WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TechnoSwiss

New Around Here
3 stage explanation:

378.55: Enabling IPTraffic automatically disables CTF. Disabling CTF manually works, causes no problems.

378.56_2: Enabling IPTraffic does not automatically disable CTF. Disabling CTF manually works.

380.57: Enabling IPTraffic (with CTF enabled) cause router to go into reboot loop (30-30-30 reset was the only way I found out). Disabling CTF manually causes problems with 2.4GHz WiFi. With CTF disabled 2.4GHz clients have problems obtaining DHCP addresses (lease request times out). If clients are able to obtain a DHCP address, resolving DNS frequently times out. If attempting to connect to a device via IP the connection times out.

This is actually on a Netgear R7000 using the XWRT-Vortex fork of Asuswrt-merlin, and I'm guessing there's a better than average change that's the issue here. Also aware that RMerlin doesn't support that hardware. I did notice that there was a fix in the changelog for 380.57 for CTF not automatically being disabled when IPTraffic was disabled. I figured it was consistent enough for me that might be worth a test just in case the bug was introduced in Asuswrt-merlin.

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!