What's new

[384.18_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That would be because this release is only directed to the relatively small number of users of the AX supported routers.:) It effectively leaves out the far larger group of every other supported router.

Then quiet indicates that there’s work being done that we can’t see. I’m good with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is too quiet. I keep wanting to post here 'no issues at all' for both RT-AX88U and RT-AX58U models.

But that just seems like I'm making a loud noise in a library. :) :p:D
There are issues there is a bug (extra break) in the javascript code in the wireless page. If you look at it in Chrome, its forgiving and lets it go.

Safari on the other hand stops processing the file. (so does others)

This issue is fixed in the git repository, so when the next version comes out it should all be good.

Other than the wireless page, this build works great.

@vdemarco maybe because I'm using Edgeium I'm not seeing it too? :)

Uptime of 5 days on ax58u with no issues at all to report on this build. Using edge chromium and never had any issues with pages not displaying.

I keep thinking I can test on my AC86U after reading the title, but instead of “all variants” there only are AX builds so far.

In his defence, [mention]RMerlin [/mention]did warn us when he released 384.17 that it would be a few months before his next one for all of his supported routers. The AX version was probably easiest to spin up quickly; earlier hardware may take some time to include here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In his defence, [mention]RMerlin [/mention]did warn us when he released 384.17 that it would be a few months before his next one for all of his supported routers. The AX version was probably easiest to spin up quickly; earlier hardware may take some time to include here.
Like I already posted, I’m not blaming RMerlin, at all.

It would help me if the OP (which is not RMerlin) woud change the title from “Testing all variants” to “Testing all AX variants” (for the time being).

Like I already posted, I’m not blaming RMerlin, at all.

It would help me if the OP (which is not RMerlin) woud change the title from “Testing all variants” to “Testing all AX variants” (for the time being).
The OP is me and when I started the thread it wasn't the tittle that is now. I believe @RMerlin changed it to what is now and I'm not going to change it.;)

The OP is me and when I started the thread it wasn't the tittle that is now. I believe @RMerlin changed it to what is now and I'm not going to change it.;)
Maybe your post was older and merged with this thread, and now you appear to be the OP, but not really.

Maybe your post was older and merged with this thread, and now you appear to be the OP, but not really.
I don't know what happened but yes it was merged with another thread that I believe @octopus started on the same day and then the tittle was changed. Admins can only change that aside from us. If it's not @RMerlin then who else :) but it's no big deal as it will be the thread that will be used once other supported routers are added.

I have no idea why the different results for people, but for me, the Wireless Log for my shiny new AX58U does not populate using either the latest Edge in windows or the latest Firefox from Linux. Not a huge deal, but looking forward to having that functionality next build.

Otherwise, this build gives me no problems whatsoever.

I'm waiting for that QoS update to drop, so exciting hopefully that will be soon.

As well as continuous mode.
Haha same here...I updated to this alpha assuming it was already on it, without reading the changelog.

BTW...no issues with this alpha after running for a week!

some Wireless Log observations...
Windows 10 Chrome -> Not working
Windows 10 Firefox -> Not working
Windows 10 Opera -> Working
Windows 10 New Edge -> Working
Windows 10 IE (old) -> Not working
Android Chrome -> Working

.... upd
I totally missed the fix ... :confused:

Last edited:
@RMerlin I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and I noticed this potential glitch on the previous fm as well.

A couple things:

I've noticed under DNSFilter tab, I currently have DNSFilter enabled to router. I also have certain devices filtered to a custom DNS. I have noticed every now and then that a new rule has been automatically created for a device already on the list (basically a duplicate) but instead of reflecting the custom DNS I've initially assigned, it shows as No filtering. No big deal as I simply delete the duplicate rule. Just curious if anyone has encountered this?

Under the built-in DoT, I tried to assign an assigned DoT from the server list provided by choosing only the cloudflare IPV6 DNS option only and I lose internet. Once I add the IPV4 server list, my internet comes back up. This happens when choosing the QUAD9 IPV6 as well.

However I do have IPV6 disabled in my router. Does IPV6 need to be enabled in order to use the predefined IPV6 DNS server?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!