What's new

Release [ 384.19_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you satisfied with title?

• Yes

Votes: 75 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and yes. I also tried to kill 'nt_center' from the command line but that did not work. The last option is to reset the router. But I haven't got the time because we are all working from home.

@octopus, with regards to the question on the post, I don't care what the thread is called. The rose still smells as sweet. :)

Everything working good here...sitting about 458 Ram free... Just running Skynet,Scribe.Connmon,UiScribe, ENT

DSL Reports.png

Had a small hiccup where it upgraded but I couldn't update the signature (would say updated but stayed on 2.066) or install FlexQos (something about read-only mode). Rebooted then the entire thing died not connecting to the modem or wifi

Solution:
Downloaded Asus recovery tool and recovered with 3.0.0.4.384.9107
Upgraded to 384.19 Alpha 1
Restored to factory default and now everything is up and running

Installed 19 Alpha 1. Dirty flash. Much activity on the router. Especially 'nt_center' with a 80-85% CPU load. After a short while the router UI does not respond anymore. Went back to version 384.18.

Same problem here, can't get into the gui of my AX88U anymore after flashing this update from 384.18. Is there a way to roll back without having to do a reset?

Update - Managed to fix it, I think it has something to do with FlexQos causing the gui to lock up. I logged into my router via ssh and updated FlexQos to the latest version and restarted the gui and now I can log in fine.

Update 2 - FlexQos now broken (nothing showing up in download traffic). I'll post on that thread ahout this.

Last edited:
Installed 19 Alpha 1. Dirty flash. Much activity on the router. Especially 'nt_center' with a 80-85% CPU load. After a short while the router UI does not respond anymore. Went back to version 384.18.

CPU went nuts here too.:) (nt_center)
So, out with the big guns, powered router off, waited a couple of minutes, then powered on again.
Everything happy now!

I removed FlexQos from my AX88U, disabled and enabled QoS but it does not appear to be limiting anything now and looks to be broken with this build.

Similar experience here - dirty upgrade and gui problems. Powered off and back on then did an uninstall & re-install of cake-qos just in case. All is working well now.

After thorough testing my RT-AX88U now has Dual Wan Failover working correctly for the first time on a Merlin firmware. I'd had good experience with stock 384_9107 so I have high hopes of this firmware.

Thank you as always @RMerlin :)

Coming from the latest Merlin final release, I did a dirty flash to the latest Alpha build. I had issues with the gui not loading (deleted browser cache and all), until I could no longer access my router. I used the recovery utility, flashed the latest OEM firmware. Then flashed to the latest Alpha build. I did a full reset (gui and pin-hole) after the flash.

I just finished configuring everything from scratch. So far my settings are working and the router is as responsive as before.

Last edited:
I also encountered the CPU issue (AX88U) including UI continuously crashing. Tried removing power for a couple of minutes before restarting the router but problem persists. Rolled back to 384.18

I also encountered the CPU issue (AX88U) including UI continuously crashing. Tried removing power for a couple of minutes before restarting the router but problem persists. Rolled back to 384.18
If that happens, restoring to factory default(NVRAM reset) is needed. That's how I got mine fixed then the rest is a happy family.:) It seems the newer wireless drivers needed the reset.

Last edited:
Classification.png

Anybody else classification not working (Ax88U)?

Last edited:
Everything works fine, thanks for keeping updated to the latest version, Ax88u.

I just saw we now have this new OpenNAT crap on the AX88U.... any place to get more information what it truly does? I don't want to mess up my other setting because of this new feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!