What's new

Release [ 384.19_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you satisfied with title?

• Yes

Votes: 75 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty Flash 384.19_alpha1 over 384.18 for about 40 hours:)

No complaints from AiProtect with that site.
I haven’t seen any logged AiProtection events for many months.
I wonder if it’s even working? Or, Skynet & Diversion have it covered?
Have you don't a factory reset with in the past 3 versions of updates, I'm just wondering if that will fix it?

Dirty update from 384.18, at the moment everything seems ok, no problems of gui or anything else, indeed the wifi drivers seem to me much more responsive and quick.
Thanks Merlin as always.

IKaCxrD.jpg

mwstiS3.jpg

gmSegwA.jpg

Yes, same here. After installing 384.19_Alpha1, WiFi6 started working out of the box, on devices that support it.

I'm not getting the 2.4 Gbps that you're reporting - unless that's combined DL & UL.

My iPhone SE 2020 is reporting 1200 Mbps - unlike the other devices that report 866 Mbps.

A big thumbs up for the new wireless drivers!

Updated both RT-AX88U Router and AiMesh device from Merlin 3.0.0.4.384.18 firmware with RT-AX88U_384.19_alpha1-g9ca4b67bb0_cferom_ubi.w

RT-AX88U Router seems fine. Also for 160 MHz bandwidth.

AiMesh device went from 160 MHz to 80 MHz bandwidth.
Reinstalled Merlin 3.0.0.4.384.18 firmware on the RT-AX88U AiMesh device.
AiMesh device now works on 160 MHz bandwidth again.

Last edited:
It might be quad9 DoT with diversion with skynet and a dirty upgrade from 384.18... or AI Prot does not work indeed on the AX88U Alpha 1 ;)

The 384.19 Alpha 1 is running fast and stable on the RT-AX88U (main) and RT-AX58U (AiMesh) node for almost 3 days now via 'Dirty Upgrades' since last year on the main router. Highly recommended!

The 384.19 Alpha 1 is running fast and stable on the RT-AX88U (main) and RT-AX58U (AiMesh) node for almost 3 days now via 'Dirty Upgrades' since last year on the main router. Highly recommended!

Yep same here running excellent. :)

I had an issue with my AX88U, nt_center and jffs2_gcd_mtd9 where spinning each taking 25% (or one core maybe).

Web login didn't work. Had been doing dirty upgrades and was running .17 for months solid. Did an nvram erase and got back and up, but soon again those two processes were spinning. This time did a factory reset via the UI (checking the box too). Resetp manually and restored JFFS from backup, plugged in my USB SSD and am back up and running on .19. Updated 68U to .19 as well, resetup Aimesh. Will watch it now.

For whatever reason I think a factory reset is probably a good idea upgrading from 18 to 19.

Since doing the 'dirty' upgrades since v384.14 Beta 3 on Dec 7, 2019, of last year on my then-new RT-AX88U, I have been looking for a reason to do a Nuclear/M&M reset.

Haven't seen one yet. Shocked and more than pleasantly surprised by this fact! :)

I want to see if a full reset would make the router even more responsive (it should, after all), but also want to see how far I can push this 'dirty' router-life! :D

I want to see if a full reset would make the router even more responsive (it should, after all), but also want to see how far I can push this 'dirty' router-life! :D

In a perfect world a factory reset should not be needed but these home level routers just seem to need it more often then not. For me it's easy and straight up taking very little time so i always try to fit in the reset to default after a fresh flash. :eek:

Yes, very easy for me too to do a full reset. And for customers, its a step I don't ever miss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!