What's new

Release [ 384.19_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you satisfied with title?

• Yes

Votes: 75 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perfect world a factory reset should not be needed but these home level routers just seem to need it more often then not. For me it's easy and straight up taking very little time so i always try to fit in the reset to default after a fresh flash. :eek:

When you do a factory reset do you then re-apply a save config file? I just did a start from scratch on my new RT-AX88U
Factory Asus .....9107;
Merlin 384.18 with full M&M reset/install;
Back to Asus .....9107 since 384.18 WiFi was a problem;
Dirty update to 384.19a.

384.19a has been up for 24+ hours and it appears to be golden.
This morning I turned AX mode on and enabled 160MHz channel. Still running like a fine Swiss watch! Scanner showing 4083 on 5GHz and 975 on 2.4GHz.

Am in the process of activating VPN servers and a NORDVPN client.

As others have mentioned I have AI protection turned on but have logged zero events.

Everything tied to the Trend Micro engine is half broken (Malicious Website blocking for instance doesn't work), and I have absolutely no idea why.
sounds like i picked a good time to switch to cake/suricata :)

I realize this a .19 thread, but Trend Micro does work on .18 unless I misread something here? I have a "new" used AC86U to set up Monday and TM is one of the reasons I got it.

Everything tied to the Trend Micro engine is half broken (Malicious Website blocking for instance doesn't work), and I have absolutely no idea why.

Glad it’s not just me then.
I haven’t seen any evidence of AiProtect working here for 12+ months, so I don’t think it’s a recent fault.:confused:

Glad it’s not just me then.
I haven’t seen any evidence of AiProtect working here for 12+ months, so I don’t think it’s a recent fault.:confused:

It's recent Both Adaptive QoS and Malicious Site blocking were working fine on my RT-AX88U before the 384_93xx merge.

My AiProtection hasn't had a single thing logged since beginning of April 2020 on RT-AX58U. Before on RT-AC87U I had tons of things blocked. I too have a feeling something is wrong with it and it's not even functioning. Which makes me wonder if QoS does anything either given it's from a same module... But since there isn't any "logs" like for AiProtection I can't even be sure...

My AiProtection hasn't had a single thing logged since beginning of April 2020 on RT-AX58U. Before on RT-AC87U I had tons of things blocked. I too have a feeling something is wrong with it and it's not even functioning. Which makes me wonder if QoS does anything either given it's from a same module... But since there isn't any "logs" like for AiProtection I can't even be sure...

Ive had nothing logged in AiProtect for 12 months or so.
I thought it was because Skynet & Diversion were doing such a good job!:D

It's recent Both Adaptive QoS and Malicious Site blocking were working fine on my RT-AX88U before the 384_93xx merge.
I noticed that the permission to use the AIProtect is different in alpha1 compared to 18 or that of asus 9107, namely the layout of the buttons "agree" and "disagree"

build for AX88U from today morning has fixed QOS, now working properly.

Does the standard QoS in the Merlin firmware now works as it should without the need of extra plug-ins?? Does QoS for uploading work correctly now?

Edit: Or does the fix is just a GUI fix??

I have 384.18 installed with FlexQoS and I am considering to update the firmware to the latest alpha version. But I am not sure whether that is a good idea...

Last edited:
Seems like Asus made Auto channel working again. I wonder when they break it again. Works in second build of Alpha 1 (AX88)

AiProtrction is now blocking sites but is not logging them in the webui. I’ve tried the following and got the block page.

wrs49.winshipway.com
spys.one

edit: should have added I’m on an ax88u with the second alpha build.

Attachments

• 39F8E6C6-C776-4B67-8A27-CF7851F8DEB0.jpeg
    39F8E6C6-C776-4B67-8A27-CF7851F8DEB0.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 169
  • 7C38D4FB-973C-429F-A65E-20D3C0B2402C.jpeg
    7C38D4FB-973C-429F-A65E-20D3C0B2402C.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Seems like Asus made Auto channel working again. I wonder when they break it again. Works in second build of Alpha 1 (AX88)
Never used that. As far as I can remember, the corresponding broadcom based ACSD (Automatic Channel Selection Daemon) makes only stupid decisions for the auto channel selection during the boot phase. For example: on 2.4G it always chose a channel in between, not 1, 6 or 11. On 5G is always sets ch. to 100
Other vendors here have definitely done a better job over years (e.g. Qualcom)

no issues with 2nd build of A1 for AX88
(dirty flash)

any info on the new options?
OFDMA.jpg

Agreed that would be a reason for a full reset (if I had noticed, but I'm not a 'read the logs' person or one to go looking for issues that I can't easily perceive).

My 'recommendation' was for how fast, smooth, and stable the network ran.

I just 'dirty' flashed the latest Alpha for the RT-AX88U after almost 4 days on the first one. So far, this seems even more responsive. Thank you for your great work. :)

Never used that. As far as I can remember, the corresponding broadcom based ACSD (Automatic Channel Selection Daemon) makes only stupid decisions for the auto channel selection during the boot phase. For example: on 2.4G it always chose a channel in between, not 1, 6 or 11. On 5G is always sets ch. to 100
Other vendors here have definitely done a better job over years (e.g. Qualcom)
In my case 5GHz stayed exactly how I would have set it manually given the surrounding networks. 2.4GHz did just a minor change but very close to my own selection.
2.4GHz is pretty crowed while 5GHz has pretty few users.
Guess I see if this firmware remains stable though... But as far as channel selections I give it a thumbs up.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online