What's new

[384.7_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I remember what I do when testing new iandyn function. I renamed the ddns start script and configured ddns gui and not restarted ddns. Seems to work now and not constantly repeted watchdog restart every 30 seconds.

Saw you watchdog modification on github.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/911bc96201e8701fb46f7c1d821cd4dd27b6a5aa

Yeah, it's a different issue that I spotted while trying to review the code to see if I could figure out what was happening to you. The recheck code that I fixed here however logs a different message, so it wasn't what was getting triggered for you, it's more likely to be related to the _chk variable getting cleared by your script, possibly related to John's post. I'll have to dig some more during the weekend.

I couldn't get the double-quotes trick to work. It was easier just to change my PW at No-IP. Working normally now. Thanks.

I've made both usernames and passwords better handle special characters now, by quoting them and also escaping any quotes within the passwords themselves.

@RMerlin The latest Source Code for RT-AC86U and RT-AC68U release today.

I do not care about the other models, because I am a feminist.
KSMbitK.jpg

Last edited:
@RMerlin The latest Source Code for RT-AC86U and RT-AC68U release today.

I do not care about the other models, because I am a feminist.
KSMbitK.jpg
Merlin has already stated several times that Asus provide him with the GPLs to his FTP before we even see a release so he DOES NOT need people constantly pointing out their release.

You are probably just trying to be helpful, but achieving the opposite in this case.

Merlin has already stated several times that Asus provide him with the GPLs to his FTP before we even see a release so he DOES NOT need people constantly pointing out their release.

You are probably just trying to be helpful, but achieving the opposite in this case.

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

I usually receive the GPL archives before you guys even see them on the website, since Asus uploads them on my FTP server.

Nothing, because there is nothing to see ;)

As was said previously , as nothing is ever right or good enough for you .... Go create your own firmware.

Merlin has a life. He needs to eat , sleep and take care of his health.

He also has a business to run and staff to take care of.

Everything he does here for this community is free ...... the more ridiculous spam posts you make the more of Merlin's time you use up and that delays development for everyone.

If I am very grateful with @RMerlin but I do not know about you, but I get excited with each update no matter what it is and more if they fixed a bug of something that is important to me.
Now apart from having two hobbies (playing games or watching animes), now I have another this forum, to see if there are updates or questions or that people write, etc.

But all those who have many posts are toxic, whenever I post something, everyone thinks that I'm mocking @RMerlin or demanding something...

Now I understand why @Kal-EL went to the dark side.

Last edited:
If I am very grateful with @RMerlin but I do not know about you, but I get excited with each update no matter what it is and more if they fixed a bug of something that is important to me.
Now apart from having two hobbies (playing games or watching animes), now I have another this forum, to see if there are updates or questions or that people write, etc.

But all those who have many posts are toxic, whenever I post something, everyone thinks that I'm mocking @RMerlin or demanding something...

Think....count to ten....breathe....then type. :rolleyes:

You’re good man.

Just allow the process work. Merlin does this in his personal time and that’s most likely the reason people speak up, when they see he’s being pushed. They want this project to keep going, It’s nothing personal against you.

Earlier in the thread, Merlin addressed this about the current Asus GPL. There’s a good chance it will be merged and if not, we’ll see it in the next round of development.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/384-7_alpha-builds-testing-all-variants.48570/page-3#post-428665

Some recent development took a lot of time to complete, plus I'm giving both Asus and the dnsmasq author a larger potential merge window in case they came up with new firmware / a final dnsmasq release. That window will be closed once I move into beta, unless a final dnsmasqcomes out with no major changes to it.

Thank You RMerlin for your great efforts!
My vanilla flavored network has been solid with the last few alphas. My Family has been online with their televisions, computers, and ios devices, which have connected and stayed connected without any issues.
Although, today I am placing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779PZQ1N/?tag=snbforums-20 into my LAN, so if/when I screw this up, I will obviously blame Merlin o_O

Last edited:
384.7 Alpha 3 won’t upload to my 1900P. Nothing happens. I had no issue with Alpha 1 and 2. Alpha 3 uploaded no problem to my 86U so I don’t know what the issue is with the 1900P I have in bridge mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
Amen. You are so right . ;)
He most likely left, because Asus hardware didn’t work out for him. The R7800 is great hardware as well and let’s face it, if you’re making decisions based on what people say here about a project’s development phase—it’s time to toughen up the skin. ;)

Too many changes in the 32xxx GPL code, and it came out far too late in the 384.7 development cycle, therefore there are no plans to merge it for this release. That would require throwing away weeks of tests and work, and delaying the next release by as many weeks. By the time I once again get ready for a beta cycle, Asus might very well have yet another release out. The line has to be drawn at one point in development.

This isn't a race to keep up with Asus, this is impossible to achieve any longer due to the large number of models, the increased complexity of the code, Asus themselves not releasing all models at the same time, and the large amount of changes between each GPL release. Right now, moving to the 32xxx code would require once again leaving the RT-AC87U behind, which would mean the RT-AC87U would have to go for 4-6 months with no release. Therefore, 384.7 is locked down to the 384_21xxx code base.

This sounded vaguely familiar......not sure if your iadyn update might suffer the same problem.
https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin/commit/51b795fb7d98162788c9a24fe9c24594b33156d6

I will have to dig through inadyn's code, because their man page isn't clear as to what counts as a "successful update" - my gut feeling tells me it probably involves an actual update, and does not apply to "no changes":

Code:
     -e, --exec=/path/to/cmd [optional args]
             Full path to command, or script, to run after a successful DDNS update.  The following environment variables are set: INADYN_IP, INADYN_HOSTNAME.
             The first environment variable contains the new IP address, the second the host name alias.  The cmd is called for each listed host name that is
             successfully updated.  If inadyn is started with the -i IFNAME command line option, the INADYN_IFACE environment variable is also set.  You will
             need to quote the complete command if any arguments, or pipe, is given.

Edit: Seems it indeed only gets run if there was an actual update:

Code:
                for (i = 0; i < info->alias_count; i++) {
                        ddns_alias_t *alias = &info->alias[i];

if (!alias->update_required)
                                continue;

TRY(send_update(ctx, info, alias, &anychange));

/* Only reset if send_update() succeeds. */
                        alias->update_required = 0;
                        alias->last_update = time(NULL);

/* Update cache file for this entry */
                        write_cache_file(alias);

/* Run command or script on successful update. */
                        if (script_exec)
                                os_shell_execute(script_exec, alias->address, alias->name);
                }

That means I will probably have to take care of it myself.

Edit 2:: Since I always run inadyn in "once" mode, it means updates are always forced, therefore I should never return a "no_change".

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!