What's new

[384.7_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anybody still having problems compiling hnd libconfuse? It has no makefile.in file.

Attachments

• libconfuse.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 469
Anybody still having problems compiling hnd libconfuse? It has no makefile.in file.

They should normally be automatically generated, but Linux autoconf being the random PITA that it is, it seems like it doesn't always do so... I'll commit the existing Makefile.in files to Github later.

I flashed an AC88U from 384.7 Alpha 2 to Alpha 3 and had to perform two factory resets. Make sure you backup your /jffs partition and nvram values before making the plunge.

They should normally be automatically generated, but Linux autoconf being the random PITA that it is, it seems like it doesn't always do so... I'll commit the existing Makefile.in files to Github later.

I compiled your latest git push and it worked. Thanks for getting the bugs fixed. I'm running the build now. I notice I have to delete the release files before compiling and git resetting cuz make clean does not clean the necessary folders/files.

I compiled your latest git push and it worked. Thanks for getting the bugs fixed. I'm running the build now. I notice I have to delete the release files before compiling and git resetting cuz make clean does not clean the necessary folders/files.

The HND build environment was hacked together by Asus, as Broadcom's own build environment is quite different. So, cleaning up won't work properly for instance.

Always work with two separate copies of the repo. First one is the one you keep up-to-date with Github. Then, use rsync to copy it to a second directory, and always build from that second copy.

Merlin, On RT-AC86U if dns filter is enabled, router.asus.com doesn't work in browser give http 404 error, disable dns filter and it works fine. Is this known limitation or is it bug?

Router firmware version 384.7_alpha3-gf2a90e48c

Last edited:
The HND build environment was hacked together by Asus, as Broadcom's own build environment is quite different. So, cleaning up won't work properly for instance.

Always work with two separate copies of the repo. First one is the one you keep up-to-date with Github. Then, use rsync to copy it to a second directory, and always build from that second copy.

I set up two .ng directories and am using rsync. Works well. Thanks. That way I don't have to work so hard. :cool:

Is this known limitation or is it bug?

It's normal, since DNSFilter forces you to a specific nameserver, bypassing your router's DNS, which is the one knowing the IP of router.asus.com.

I set up two .ng directories and am using rsync. Works well. Thanks. That way I don't have to work so hard. :cool:

That's the way I work. rsync -a --del ~/amng/ ~/amng.ac88 for my AC88U build dir, for example. I have one per model, so I can also compile them all in parallel.

This is the case for me as well on my RT-AC66U_B1 running the 68U firmware. I even went back to 384.5 to test this and got the same result where the ports seem to be backwards.

Code:
nvram show | grep _speed
size: 58010 bytes (7526 left)
usb_path2_speed=480
usb_path1_speed=5000

Code:
dmesg | grep usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
usbcore: registered new device driver usb
usb usb1: No SuperSpeed endpoint companion for config 1  interface 0 altsetting 0 ep 129: using minimum values
[xhci-hub] usb2mode:[0]
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
usbcore: registered new interface driver asix
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether
usbcore: registered new interface driver rndis_host
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ncm
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_wdm
usbcore: registered new interface driver qmi_wwan
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_mbim
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
usbcore: registered new interface driver usblp
usb 1-1: new SuperSpeed USB device using xhci_hcd and address 2
scsi0 : usb-storage 1-1:1.0
usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
scsi1 : usb-storage 2-2:1.0

I ended up resetting to default and started over and this went back to the way it should be in case anyone runs across this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online