What's new

[384.8_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have done a complete reset. format jffs then upgrade to alpha1 then initialize and finally another jffs format after manually configuring all settings.
I have added FreshJR's QOS script and that is working ok.
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/40439401 lan test
and almost identical for 5g wifi results so that's all good.
now I will leave everything alone and see what happens.
Fingers crossed.

I have done a complete reset. format jffs then upgrade to alpha1 then initialize and finally another jffs format after manually configuring all settings.
I have added FreshJR's QOS script and that is working ok.
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/40439401 lan test
and almost identical for 5g wifi results so that's all good.
now I will leave everything alone and see what happens.
Fingers crossed.
Nice!

Almost a day now here, since initialize and speeds have been consistent.

Nice!

Almost a day now here, since initialize and speeds have been consistent.
All my devices have been working ok except for my android box.
I tested it and it was connected ok, upload speed was spot on but download speed was a fifth of what it should be. I tried changing settings and nothing worked at finally I decided to play with the device!
I speed tested whilst I had it in my hand and unbelievably the speeds were bang on when it was upside down.
I have no idea what is happening because i had no problems with it when I was on 384.7 so if anyone has an explanation please feel free to enlighten me lol

Poor cable or physical connection on the ethernet port(s) likely. Try different cables and ports.

Poor cable or physical connection on the ethernet port(s) likely. Try different cables and ports.
It’s wireless!
I thought it may be overheating but the issue is only there with this alpha.
I’ve just got the device sat upside down at the moment and it’s running fab :)

Ah, ok....you have a device made for the southern hemisphere and are operating it in the northern hemisphere then ☺....or, the device is simply starting to fail (overheat, bad capacitors, bad power supply, the list of possibilities is quite long).

ac86u 384.7 and 384.8alpha, factory reset after update. UPnP does not work.
Any software that uses UPnP, for example, a torrent client reports an error in the log:

miniupnpd[2109]: Failed to add NAT-PMP 10287 tcp->10.0.1.6:10287 'NAT-PMP 10287 tcp'
miniupnpd[2109]: Failed to add NAT-PMP 10287 udp->10.0.1.6:10287 'NAT-PMP 10287 udp'
Btw, what else did you change/modify after the factory reset? Did you try setting up OpenVPN? Try to list as many details as possible, that can help us find the common setting that I and you did.

Last edited:
Btw, what else did you change/modify after the factory reset? Did you try setting up OpenVPN? Try to list as many details as possible, that can help us find the common setting that I and you did.
No additional settings have been made after the factory reset, except changing the ip address of the local network to 10.0.1.1/24

It’s wireless!
I thought it may be overheating but the issue is only there with this alpha.
I’ve just got the device sat upside down at the moment and it’s running fab :)
Device still set upside down? Any changes, my friend?

Device still set upside down? Any changes, my friend?
Yep my device is still upside down but at least it’s working so I can live with that.
I have been getting a repetitive error that I have had on previous releases and my FreshJR QOS script is restarting 2 or 3 times an hour and it definitely shouldn’t be doing that.
Otherwise everything is peachy :)

Attachments

• 36CB667A-48CE-4668-821F-59653246FECD.png
    36CB667A-48CE-4668-821F-59653246FECD.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 337
I found something else by accident, being late to work troubleshooting my radio's lol.

I have been using time scheduling in the professional tab to turn my radio's off during work. Which has worked reliably since 384.4/384.5.

After upgrading to 384.8 alpha, my time scheduling works, but it now turn's off and on my radio's an hour after my set schedule.

For instance, if it's suppose to turn off at 7am, it turns off at 8am, if it's suppose to turn back on at 4pm, it turns back on at 5pm.

I tested this over the last two day's, and I can reproduce it every time, no matter how I change the scheduling, it's always off by an hour.

I saw in the next firmware release, it fixes WiFi stability issue's, so hoping this was apart of that fix

Best,

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I found something else by accident, being late to work troubleshooting my radio's lol.

I have been using time scheduling in the professional tab to turn my radio's off during work. Which has worked reliably since 384.4/384.5.

After upgrading to 384.8 alpha, my time scheduling works, but it now turn's off and on my radio's an hour after my set schedule.

For instance, if it's suppose to turn off at 7am, it turns off at 8am, if it's suppose to turn back on at 4pm, it turns back on at 5pm.

I tested this over the last two day's, and I can reproduce it every time, no matter how I change the scheduling, it's always off by an hour.

I saw in the next firmware release, it fixes WiFi stability issue's, so hoping this was apart of that fix

Best,

Have router right time?

Best,

The time zones don’t appear to be setting properly so you have to manually adjust.

DST time autumn o_O

This question or problem comes back every year when the time changes. The problem comes from ASUS and it's been like this for years. You have to adjust your DST manually

Have router right time?
The time zones don’t appear to be setting properly so you have to manually adjust.
My DST was set to update last week of Oct rather than 1st week of Nov. That could be your issue.

@octopus, my router time was correct last time I check, normally when I get a time sync issue's my OpenVPN starts working and my system log gets spammed with NTP start update

@D_Day & jhxetc I'll have to check in a couple hour's, I didn't think about the DST time zone change, even though DST is ending the first week of November. I'll try manually setting it, and see if that fixes the issue

DST time autumn o_O

This question or problem comes back every year when the time changes. The problem comes from ASUS and it's been like this for years. You have to adjust your DST manually

:oops:hahaha I guess that settles it, the consensus is in, seems the DST is the major culprit, I'll manually change it when I get home

CVE-2018-10933. Are there any dependencies in the firmware on the OpenSSH library?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!