What's new

[ 386.10 Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s) for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On RT-AC5300 5Ghz-2 repeatedly dies and eventually comes back but can only be accessed after I pull the plug for a cold reboot.
I encounter this on 2 AC5300's.
I have rolled them both back to 386.7_2 where these events do not occur (386.7_2 is in my opinion still the most solid firmware for the AC5300).
There is something in the alpha firmware that apparently my two AC5300's do not like .....
(and yes I did a wps reset, flashed firmwares a few times, etc etc etc)

working well on my AC5300 thanks

The spanning tree control you can turn on and off is just for the switch ports as far as I know. Those messages are for the internal bridge interfaces. Or maybe that's the bug, STP is enabled even when you turn it off. It should really always be enabled though.
what's your position on enabling jumbo frames on the router? (I seem to recall the options to enable STP and jumbos is on the same config page of the UI...)

what's your position on enabling jumbo frames on the router? (I seem to recall the options to enable STP and jumbos is on the same config page of the UI...)

That setting only affects the switch. I have it enabled, but in most cases it doesn't really make much difference, mostly for doing large file transfers between two wired devices. It can actually negatively impact some stuff like gaming but most things will work fine either way.

On RT-AC5300 5Ghz-2 repeatedly dies and eventually comes back but can only be accessed after I pull the plug for a cold reboot.
I have rolled them both back to 386.7_2 where these events do not occur (386.7_2 is in my opinion still the most solid firmware for the AC5300).
There is something in the alpha firmware that apparently my two AC5300's do not like .....
this kind of thing is to be expected with an alpha version, right? v386.9 seems to be working well for other users of that model

That setting only affects the switch. I have it enabled, but in most cases it doesn't really make much difference, mostly for doing large file transfers between two wired devices. It can actually negatively impact some stuff like gaming but most things will work fine either way.
I've also enabled it, and my HTPC and desktop (the 2 wired clients, other than my printer) seem happy

I've also enabled it, and my HTPC and desktop (the 2 wired clients, other than my printer) seem happy

Most likely if you don't specifically go in and enable jumbo frames on the two PCs they won't even know it is enabled. Not many drivers enable it by default, though I have seen it.

It is more helpful for people constantly doing large transfers to a NAS or something, otherwise it doesn't buy much either way.

this kind of thing is to be expected with an alpha version, right? v386.9 seems to be working well for other users of that model
I wait for the next firmware and try again.

I have the same thing happening on 386.9 stable. Seems that this is a problem earlier than this alpha. router needs a reboot between 6-24 hours to fix it before it happens again.

I have the same thing happening on 386.9 stable. Seems that this is a problem earlier than this alpha. router needs a reboot between 6-24 hours to fix it before it happens again.
Have you guys checked the temps on your RT-AC5300 lately? Just wondering...

Have you guys checked the temps on your RT-AC5300 lately? Just wondering...
Yes the 5Ghz-2 was on 51 degrees celsius (1 degree higher than the 5Ghz-1). 2.4Ghz is around 47 and CPU varies between 61 and 68. (These temps are fairly stable as always. (living in the desert requires non-stop Airconditioning))

I haven't noticed any problems with 3 RT-AC68U's running as APs over 4 days. Just uploaded to the 3 RT-AS1900P's (1 router and 2 AP's). 386-10 alpha seems fine so far...

Thanks RMerlin!

I hope 3.0.0.4.386.51255 is in 386.10 since it fixes a ton of bugs on the AC models, AC86U

I hope 3.0.0.4.386.51255 is in 386.10 since it fixes a ton of bugs on the AC models, AC86U

And which of these fixes are critical and missing from 386.9?

@RMerlin, do you plan to incorporate 386.51225 into 386.10?
I don't have anything planned right now, my focus is on 388.2 development, for which I am still missing 2/3 of the model GPLs.

And which of these fixes are critical and missing from 386.9?
.Per Asus release notes

Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability.
2.Fixed Samba related vulerabilities.
3.Fixed cfg server security issues.
4.Fixed Open redirect vulnerability.
5.Fixed token authentication security issues.
6.Fixed security issues on the status page.
7.Fixed XSS vulnerability.
8.Fixed CVE-2022-26376
9.Fixed CVE-2018-1160
10.Fixed IPv6-related bugs.
11.Added a new login URL http://www.asusrouter.com to fixed the login issues.
12.Optimize the AiMesh web interface
13.Fixed network map UI bugs
14.Fixed bugs related to Wi-Fi calling.
15.Supported web history record exported.
16.Fixed IPSec VPN server compatibility with Windows 10 VPN client.
17.Improved AiMesh connection stability.
18.Fixed IPTV issues.

Per Asus release notes
That`s what was changed from 46065 to 51255. Asuswrt-Merlin 386.9 is based on 50757, not 46065, therefore the vast majority of these changes are already in 386.9, unless someone can point me to a specific fix that`s missing (hence my original question).

In short: people need to stop comparing Asuswrt-Merlin with Asuswrt. We are not on lock-step releases, we work in parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!