What's new

[ 386.10 Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s) for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That`s what was changed from 46065 to 51255. Asuswrt-Merlin 386.9 is based on 50757, not 46065, therefore the vast majority of these changes are already in 386.9, unless someone can point me to a specific fix that`s missing (hence my original question).

In short: people need to stop comparing Asuswrt-Merlin with Asuswrt. We are not on lock-step releases, we work in parallel.
I wasnt complaining..you asked and I gave you the list per Asus....in any case i went back to stock..best of luck!

That`s what was changed from 46065 to 51255. Asuswrt-Merlin 386.9 is based on 50757, not 46065, therefore the vast majority of these changes are already in 386.9, unless someone can point me to a specific fix that`s missing (hence my original question).

In short: people need to stop comparing Asuswrt-Merlin with Asuswrt. We are not on lock-step releases, we work in parallel

Fair enough, but since the changes associated with 386.50757 are not readily available (I just spent 10 minutes looking), its hard for end users to understand how much of a differences there is between the GPLs that you receive and the released stock firmwares.

Fair enough, but since the changes associated with 386.50757 are not readily available (I just spent 10 minutes looking), its hard for end users to understand how much of a differences there is between the GPLs that you receive and the released stock firmwares.
It's hard to tell the exact list of changes indeed (I can't either, as Asus' changelogs are generally very vague on the details), my point was rather to show that just because Asus releases a new firmware with a long list of changes, it does not mean that none of these are present in my firmware. That's why I asked if there was a specific fix that he felt was critical AND was missing. It just gets annoying when end users come here every single time implying that my firmware is way behind Asus in terms of fixes (when it isn't), and to start asking me for ETAs less than 24 hours after a new Asus release.

It's hard to tell the exact list of changes indeed (I can't either, as Asus' changelogs are generally very vague on the details), my point was rather to show that just because Asus releases a new firmware with a long list of changes, it does not mean that none of these are present in my firmware. That's why I asked if there was a specific fix that he felt was critical AND was missing. It just gets annoying when end users come here every single time implying that my firmware is way behind Asus in terms of fixes (when it isn't), and to start asking me for ETAs less than 24 hours after a new Asus release.

Nothing obviously wrong with 386.9 for my AC86Us except for the issues that have been hanging around.

New Alpha1 builds. 386.10_alpha1-ge3ad48766e

New Alpha1 builds. 386.10_alpha1-ge3ad48766e
Looks like two new or updated entries in this latest Alpha's Change Log:

- UPDATED: miniupnpd to 2.3.3.
- FIXED: RT-AC68U may crash when using Media Bridge mode
with a specific SSID length (patch from Asus)

Dirty Upgrade AC86U (AP) with zero issues.

Ooops, wrong thread.

The first alpha version for ac68u has a filesize of --91.8mb.
The second alpha version is only -------------------34.9mb.....

Is the second alpha really this much smaller?

The first alpha version for ac68u has a filesize of --91.8mb.
The second alpha version is only -------------------34.9mb.....

Is the second alpha really this much smaller?
@RMerlin can probably explain better think this usually means the RT-68U firmware was complied for the main RT-AC68U version rather than the multiple variation versions of the RT-AC68U.

Edit: Updated a RT-AC68U to 386.10_alpha1-ge3ad48766e no problems with update seems to be working fine so far.

Last edited:
@RMerlin, I sent a few PayPal bucks your way. It's not much, but I wanted to say thank you for all your hard work maintaining this firmware over the years! This last month is the first time I've had any major issues with my home network since I started using asuswrt-merlin in ~2017.

To close the loop on my nvram issues: I bought a somewhat newer ASUS router with more NVRAM. Now I'm running 386.9 on a GT-AC2900, and (aside from some B.S. with my ISP's PPPoE settings) I haven't had issues yet. That said, I'm looking forward to whatever stability improvements come with 386.10 once it's out of alpha.

To @RMerlin and to the many contributors in the asuswrt-merlin community: cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!