What's new

[ 386.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin did Asus end up fixing that contract expectation table full error or is that coming in a future update?

Please do correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you had previously mentioned that Asus had a fix upstream for it.

I've installed the Alpha 2 for a couple of hours now. 2x RT-AX86U in AiMesh mode with wired 2.5GbE backhaul.

No issues, but can verify that the issue @Treadler indicates is also present here (not an issue for me as I don't allow 5GHz Guest networks).

@RMerlin did Asus end up fixing that contract expectation table full error or is that coming in a future update?
I don't know, I haven't that happen to me in almost a year, and I haven't kept track.
Shouldn't it be version 2.86?
The code is 2.86, however dnsmasq's version handling is... weird. It's just the version tag that hasn't been updated.

I've installed the Alpha 2 for a couple of hours now. 2x RT-AX86U in AiMesh mode with wired 2.5GbE backhaul.

No issues, but can verify that the issue @Treadler indicates is also present here (not an issue for me as I don't allow 5GHz Guest networks).
Thank you guys for providing ample feedback on alpha 2, I plan to hold off until i see more patch commits. Alpha 1 has been stable for a while now.

Bad GPL merge on that page, as indicated by the Javascript error code. Already fixed locally.
Sorry about the lack of transparency on the part of Asus. I hope they continue to provide you with adequate GPL releases. It really is hard to tell where they are going with their releases. The one benefit of your project being only managed by you is that there isn't too much going back and fourth. You usually have a plan and stick with it.

rt-ax86u, Upgrade from alpha 1, router went into boot loops , factory restored did not fixe it, had to reflash alpha 1 via rescue mode.
Thanks Eric for you hard work.

rt-ax86u, Upgrade from alpha 1, router went into boot loops , factory restored did not fixe it, had to reflash alpha 1 via rescue mode.
Thanks Eric for you hard work.
Lot of people having the bootloop issue in the beta from asuswrt also. I flashed both alpha 2 and beta rc2 numerous times and not once did it bootloop. Strange

I'm currently using the latest release on a AC68U and w/out having made any changes to any of the code, I've suddenly been getting "Custom ddns update failed" in my logs, and my cert won't update; will the Alpha version fix this? (it uses LE free cert).

Smooth update from alpha1 to 386.4_alpha2-g8e70ae4f28 on RT-AX88u :)
Set VPN-Servers to Default to get new Cert signature and reconfigured, All good ;)
signature: RSA-SHA256
Thanks RMerlin

Flashed from the latest official AX88U firmware to Merlin alpha2 now it's in what seems like a boot loop (The wifi light stay on but the power/internet light goes off and comes back in a few seconds)

Is this like previous firmware where I have to wait for a bit or is this an error?

Is the "Lets Encrypt" issue fixed? This is where it gets stuck on Initialising. I use a proper cert myself, but asking as it was outstanding fix.

I don't know, I haven't that happen to me in almost a year, and I haven't kept track.

The code is 2.86, however dnsmasq's version handling is... weird. It's just the version tag that hasn't been updated.
That's alright, Ive seen that it is back so I assume not.

VPN resets itself every time.

Nov 1 11:17:32 openvpn: Resetting VPN client 1 to default settings
Nov 1 11:19:24 rc_service: httpd 1433:notify_rc start_vpnrouting1
Nov 1 11:22:02 openvpn: Resetting VPN client 1 to default settings
Nov 1 11:27:18 rc_service: httpd 1433:notify_rc start_vpnrouting1

config gets loaded:
1.png

after starting the config:
2.png

AsusWRT config:

AsusWRT Merlin config:
(does not even load TLS or compression from the config file)

GT-AX11000 also boot loop after upgrade to alpha2. (Upgrade from alpha1 to alpha2.) I uploaded alpha2 in rescue mode again. It was also boot loop. Then in rescue mode I reloaded alpha1 and the router started normally.

GT-AX11000 also boot loop after upgrade to alpha2. (Upgrade from alpha1 to alpha2.) I uploaded alpha2 in rescue mode again. It was also boot loop. Then in rescue mode I reloaded alpha1 and the router started normally.
EXACTLY the same with my AX58U

Is everyone with boot loops using PPPoE? Because for me it's fine on all the tested models, but I only use DHCP.

VPN resets itself every time.
It does that because you just imported a config file - this is normal.

Is everyone with boot loops using PPPoE? Because for me it's fine on all the tested models, but I only use DHCP.

It does that because you just imported a config file - this is normal.
I’m personally using PPPoE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!