What's new

[ 386.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone with boot loops using PPPoE? Because for me it's fine on all the tested models, but I only use DHCP.

It does that because you just imported a config file - this is normal.
Same here, I use PPPoE.

1) load config and waited to automatic get everything loaded like server adress and port.
2) adjusted parameters like user/pass and saved (picture1).
3) Now tried to save everything, but all settings gets reset now (picture2).

trying to adjust to those parameters again ends up in the same reset, so they cannot even be saved ?!

Is everyone with boot loops using PPPoE? Because for me it's fine on all the tested models, but I only use DHCP.

I setup in PPPoE and after reboot got reboot loop. I do a Hard Factory Reset and after I was able to connect in the router (dhcp setting by default) I started to configure wifi etc and all was ok. Immediatly after I setup the PPPoE the reboot loop have started again. After this I flashed back the alpha 1 firmware.

Yes, PPPoE.

After a very dirty upgrade from alpha_1 (USB stick plugged in), Entware installation seems like corrupted. In amtm all scripts except Diversion looks like installed correctly, however when I run them they throw errors. For example ntpmerlin says "Entware not found, sleeping for 10s (attempt 1 of 10)".

When trying to install Entware through amtm, this is the console output:

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 19.07.17.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 19.07.37.png

Trying to install Diversion also throws a similar error with a larger output.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 19.06.45.png

Restoring the JFFS partition from backup doesn't help.

I think I have to format the USB stick and start over.

Any thoughts?

Dropped Alpha 2 on my APs only. No issues but did notice a "new" favicon on the AX86U tab in my browser - not seen on my AX88U. (update: Now seen on all Alpha 2 AP tabs)

alienwaresnap000836.jpg

EDIT: also confirming missing 5Ghz Guest Network entries on my RT-AX88U AP.

Last edited:
No issues but did notice a "new" favicon on the AX86U tab in my browser

This one is perhaps new to Asuswrt-Merlin, came with Asuswrt months ago.

This one is perhaps new to Asuswrt-Merlin, came with Asuswrt months ago.
Makes sense with the new GPL drop. Have not run stock anywhere in a long time.

Flashed from the latest official AX88U firmware to Merlin alpha2 now it's in what seems like a boot loop (The wifi light stay on but the power/internet light goes off and comes back in a few seconds)

Is this like previous firmware where I have to wait for a bit or is this an error?
EXACTLY the same with my RT-AX-88U; I’m personally using PPPoE. Then in rescue mode I reloaded alpha1 and the router started normally.

After a very dirty upgrade from alpha_1 (USB stick plugged in), Entware installation seems like corrupted. In amtm all scripts except Diversion looks like installed correctly, however when I run them they throw errors. For example ntpmerlin says "Entware not found, sleeping for 10s (attempt 1 of 10)".
I've rolled back to alpha_1 (dirty rollback, just uploaded alpha_1) and not having any problems installing Entware, as well as addons. I guess the problem with alpha_2 is it is not able to mount the volumes on the USB with rw permissions.

When trying to install Entware through amtm, this is the console output:

View attachment 37139

View attachment 37140

Trying to install Diversion also throws a similar error with a larger output.

View attachment 37141

Restoring the JFFS partition from backup doesn't help.

I think I have to format the USB stick and start over.

Any thoughts?

When I updated to Alpha 2, I lost all my scripts.
The router still showed the USB as mounted, but no one home.
was the work of a minute or two to reinstall everything, all good since.

Another observation, using DHCP here, no problems seen.

I had my jffs partition wipe itself after a reboot earlier. Was wondering why ads were showing. It's an alpha though so these things are expected.

When I updated to Alpha 2, I lost all my scripts.
The router still showed the USB as mounted, but no one home.
was the work of a minute or two to reinstall everything, all good since.

Another observation, using DHCP here, no problems seen.
Yes, my experience also. Me thinks the firmware update procedure corrupted the USB, I believe part of the procedure unmounts the USB first before but this time it doesn't, as a result, the contents of the USB got lost including disk check(dc) that checks the disk as part of the reboot, that's why it can not recover.
My advice, unmount the USB before the firmware update to be safe.

Just updated to the latest 386.4 A2 AX58U working good. Thanks @Merlin

PPPoE-related crash fixed, was caused by 7 years old code related to PPPoE MTU which was no longer compatible with the latest GPL code (one variable had changed type).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!