What's new

[ 386.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not looking or touching the Wireguard code until it comes out of beta with Asus, which means not until the RC3 (386_5xxxx) release next year.
So you’re not going to remove the call that creates the cronjob?

By removing the service handling, you’ve prevented the code that would delete the cronjob from executing when the service attempts to restart.

Last edited:
So you’re not going to remove the call that creates the cronjob?
No. Instead, I will no longer set RTCONFIG_WIREGUARD firmware-wide, and just hardcode compilation of the kernel + userspace tool.

The RT-AX56U, Alpha 1 and 2, do not see the "Download Master" already installed on the HDD. The installation also doesn't work, it counts up to 99 percent and nothing happens. Returning to 386.3_2 "Download Master" it works again.

@RMerlin

Some opinion, solution ?!

Merlin may already be on it locally, but it looks like this function results in the cron job being setup if time is not synced yet.

Ah, thanks. I was running 'chrony' instead of the built-in ntpd, and this 3rd alpha load/reboot was taking so long to time sync, I gave up and forced it. (My usb_mount scripts wind up logging every 2 seconds until time is updated.) I wound up re-enabling the built-in ntpd and commenting out the 'chrony' launch. Now it's back to less than 20 seconds to get the ISP DHCP done and find time.nist.gov.

1637385994028.png

This is a new supported model or update of AX11000 to 6E?
blink your left eye if the second option ;)
Asus launched the GT-AXE11000 over 6 months ago, it's a separate router. Wifi 6E requires dedicated hardware, it's not something that can be software upgraded.

keep us posted on how your testing goes.
Wifi is currently half-broken, but this is most likely a GPL issue because I had the same problem with the RT-AC68U_V4 wifi.

I can't test anything related to 6 GHz, I don't have any compatible client to connect to it (and Canada only approved the use of the 6 GHz band a few months ago).

Hoping RT-AC Models still have life doesn't seem like there's gonna be an update for them
Just be patient. I have the GPL for the RT-AC88U/AC3100/AC5300 but haven't had time to merge them yet. RT-AC68U_V4 support is mostly completed, so only the RT-AC68U GPL is still missing.

Asus launched the GT-AXE11000 over 6 months ago, it's a separate router. Wifi 6E requires dedicated hardware, it's not something that can be software upgraded.

Wifi is currently half-broken, but this is most likely a GPL issue because I had the same problem with the RT-AC68U_V4 wifi.

I can't test anything related to 6 GHz, I don't have any compatible client to connect to it (and Canada only approved the use of the 6 GHz band a few months ago).

Just be patient. I have the GPL for the RT-AC88U/AC3100/AC5300 but haven't had time to merge them yet. RT-AC68U_V4 support is mostly completed, so only the RT-AC68U GPL is still missing.
AC-86U??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!