What's new

386.5 internet disconnected every few days

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jata

Hi all,

I have completed a new/clean install of 386.5 (I had 385.4 previously) and all is generally good. However, since doing the new install, every 4-5 days the internet disconnects and I need to reboot the router to get it back. Nothing else has been changed on my configuration with same modem/ISP etc.

I read in the alpha/beta forum that some NRAM changing/updating some NRAM settings that the router checks for internet connectivity need to be reset but I can't find the thread/post. Can someone please assist?

thanks

Is the link down or just routing? Has the DHCP lease expired?

Hi all,

I have completed a new/clean install of 386.5 (I had 385.4 previously) and all is generally good. However, since doing the new install, every 4-5 days the internet disconnects and I need to reboot the router to get it back. Nothing else has been changed on my configuration with same modem/ISP etc.

I read in the alpha/beta forum that some NRAM changing/updating some NRAM settings that the router checks for internet connectivity need to be reset but I can't find the thread/post. Can someone please assist?

thanks

Hi

This could help:

The guy in the first part describes the process of uploading FW...Maybe it will help - I don't know...

Recently, after a power outage, my router did not establish a PPPoe connection and had to restart manually. Only after the restart a connection has been established. Just yesterday I added a script to automatically check the internet connection and after a failed check a WAN restart will be performed - this could help you :

My AC68U (A2) had the same problem 2 FWs back and nothing helped until I did a Hard Factory Reset. However, I have found that even this may not wipe the memory completely so I would do a software reset (Restore + click the checkbox) from the browser first, and then do a Hard Factory Reset. Never had any issue since.

Is the link down or just routing? Has the DHCP lease expired?
link down. red light on router. never had this before clean/new install of 386.5.

have done soft reset followed by WPS reset reformatted drive for swap and manually configured all settings - so i'm confident that I have fully reset the router.

Hi

This could help:

The guy in the first part describes the process of uploading FW...Maybe it will help - I don't know...

Recently, after a power outage, my router did not establish a PPPoe connection and had to restart manually. Only after the restart a connection has been established. Just yesterday I added a script to automatically check the internet connection and after a failed check a WAN restart will be performed - this could help you :

thanks for your help. I guess i can start new/clean again but before doing this I wanted to try to reset the NRAM settings that the router uses to check the internet/WAN is up.

I just can't find the post on the thread where the NRAM commands were outlines. I think it was either the alpha or beta thread for 386.5

Thank you. That's it. Was searching 386.5 threads so that explains why I couldn't find it!

So I have updated the NVRAM settings. Switched off modem and router. Then switched on modem and waited for internet connection then restarted router + nodes. So now I wait and hope this issue is resolved.

will post back in a week to confirm either way!

Thanks all for the assistance.

So I have updated the NVRAM settings. Switched off modem and router. Then switched on modem and waited for internet connection then restarted router + nodes. So now I wait and hope this issue is resolved.

will post back in a week to confirm either way!

Thanks all for the assistance.
Did that fix the issue?

Did that fix the issue?
Yes I have not had the issue since but... it's hard to say as I did a full reset and manual setup of 386.5 and more recently 386.7 and everything has been working great so I'm not touching the network anymore :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!