What's new

3G Modem SMS Support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flipdee

New Around Here
Just wanted to say first of all, I'm very impressed with asuswrt merlin so far, never one to stick with factory firmware, sometimes to my detriment, however I feel merlin's firmware is definitely the best choice for my rt-n66u and rt-ac66u routers.
I generally use dd-wrt or openwrt "rooter" huntsman for 3g modem support with 3UK (three.co.uk) and generally works well but recently I've wanted some additional features.
"Rooter" supports sms messages now but I've found it to be pretty hit and miss on modem compatibility, 3UK only send service related messages via sms which is a massive pain when it means removing the dongle from the router and plugging into a pc to read the texts.
I was wondering if this feature is something such may be on the roadmap for asuswrt merlin?
Cheers,
flipdee
Haha, just realised I posted this in the wrong forum, move if necessary.

Last edited:
No intention to add SMS capabilities. However maybe it's doable through an additional Optware/Entware package - have a look at it. Not having a 3G/4G modem myself, I have no idea.