What's new

802.11b PocketPC on RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

guho

Regular Contributor
I am trying to connect my Dell Axim X51v running Windows Mobile 6.1 to the RT-N66u. This is a 802.11b device. This device is rarely used so I am not willing to slow my 2.4GHz network down when it is not in use. I have set it to WPA personal automatic and the encryption to TKIP/AES. So if only modern N 2.4GHz clients connect, I will be able to run them at full speed. If the Dell comes in the router is supposed to accommodate it and might slow down the network which is okay. Problem is: I cannot connect the Dell Axim with these settings. I can connect when I set the 2.4GHz network to open system (no security). I am not willing to use WEP only WPA/TKIP, which this Dell supports. My previous router was a DIR-825, similarly set up to auto TKIP/AES, which the dell could connect to.

Any suggestions? Do the WMM and key rotation matter?

I am trying to connect my Dell Axim X51v running Windows Mobile 6.1 to the RT-N66u. This is a 802.11b device. This device is rarely used so I am not willing to slow my 2.4GHz network down when it is not in use. I have set it to WPA personal automatic and the encryption to TKIP/AES. So if only modern N 2.4GHz clients connect, I will be able to run them at full speed. If the Dell comes in the router is supposed to accommodate it and might slow down the network which is okay. Problem is: I cannot connect the Dell Axim with these settings. I can connect when I set the 2.4GHz network to open system (no security). I am not willing to use WEP only WPA/TKIP, which this Dell supports. My previous router was a DIR-825, similarly set up to auto TKIP/AES, which the dell could connect to.

Any suggestions? Do the WMM and key rotation matter?

Hi well many of the old .b devices don`t support anything else than wep so its wierd that it worked on the dir-825 with wpa? A tip is to find a custom rom for your dell axim that supports wpa wpa2. I myself have a old htc tytn with a custum rom windows mobile 6.5 i think it is and there is several different roms to chose from with the tytn. Give it a try and search for a custom rom that suites your needs.
Best regards mrcom

Thanks. The dell axim x51v supports 802.11b pa and tkip. IT lacks hardware for aes and wpa2.

Hugo

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!