What's new

A Couple of suggestions to the creator of Merlin Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

icehacker

Occasional Visitor
Feature Request From Merlin
===========================

1. Add blocking like Shibby's Tomato FW GUI or (May be something like what ADGUARD Provides)
2. SCP, SFTP via VSFTP GUI
3. Centralized Username Password for FTP/SAMBA/NFS/AIDISK/&OR VPN
4. An inbuilt Raduis server or ldap server which can server single point of authentication for services above including wireless / lan
5. an ability to use a AD/LDAP Server so authentication can be centrelised (As many peps have nas boxes which are capable of that)
6. AIDISK With Multiple Username/Password
7. True Load-balancing ie round Robbin ex www.dualwan.cn
8. Dual-wan Load-balancing with fail-over ex using a 3rd wan link or a LTE4/3G USB Modem
9. IPSec / SSLVPN
10. OVPN Connected Clients ability to access / manage router
11. GUI Button to terminate all/inactive/active/established/waiting connections.
12. Hopefully a third mode where the Unit functions as a router ie with OpenVPN and other services which get disabled when Media Bridge mode is selected
13. A third option to backing up the settings including nvram settings along with, Transfer ASUS DDNS name & jffs scripts backup aio
14. Option to mount jffs on a partition on the HDD connected. so the flash chips do not wear out
15. An option to either point location to a swap file or partition/swap file vi GUI
16. Show swap-file usage in the network-map tab under RAM (Cosmetic)
17. A way to export "Manually Assigned IP addresses in the DHCP list" so while re-configuring would be easier than manually entering the entire static list
18. Inn routing rules for dual wan "Routing rules for Dual WAN" is it possible to have a load balancing option
19. Reduce the amount of time for fail-over to get in action as it take at least 1 to 2 min or lesser ( reducing all the values to a minimum it still takes up to 120 seconds and i see a couple of packet loss )
20. I will be more than happy to contribute my efforts to create a nice how to manual on a step by step configuring the gui settings as well as the manual (scripted configuration) for the Merlin cause
21. Include snort and free or paid signatures available via gui
22. In Performance tuning can the disk RW stats be included

I Have a Netgear WNR3500L Router & a Cisco E4200 router which i can donate for the cause.

PS:- Sorry as i did not introduce my self. I Work for IBM India. I am a security Analyst. I am a CCIE RS. MCSE. Blah Blah Blah. My soule interest for the betterment of this project i was into router hacking back in 2010 and now i would love to get back into it. Please share you comments

Feature Request From Merlin
===========================
I Have a Netgear WNR3500L Router & a Cisco E4200 router which i can donate for the cause.

No one of this router is supported by RMerlin. only ASUS a few ones.

http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

Asuswrt-Merlin is an alternative, custom version of that firmware. Developped by Eric Sauvageau, its primary goals are to enhance upon the existing firmware without bringing any radical changes, and to fix some of the known issues and limitations, while maintaining the same level of performance as the original firmware. This means Asuswrt-Merlin retains full support for NAT acceleration (sometimes referred to as "hardware acceleration"), enhanced NTFS performance (through the proprietary drivers used by Asus from either Paragon or Tuxera), and the Asus exclusive features such as AiCloud or the TrendMicro-powered AiProtection. New feature addition is very low on the list of priorities in this project.

oooh...and while you're at it can you add, sandwich making, helping my kids with their homework, and understanding women?

Since this seems a good place to place suggestions: Keep being you @RMerlin.
Edit, title says a couple, better keep this in line.
Suggestion: Relevant titles.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!